Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 27, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #5,116 of 5,310
I know this is a question that has been asked many times on this thread but I was hoping for some thoughts on the following. I've just placed an order for the CE6P but I'm not sure if I should have gone with the 6B. Stil time to change. I have a few headphones/IEMS and in terms of sound signatures the ones that I enjoy the most and would want similar from the CE's are:-

Hifiman HE400S with focus pads which slightly increase bass from the stock ones - my favourite.
Sennheiser HD600.
Philips Fidelio L2 - just the the right amount of slightly elevated bass.
NAD VISO HP50.
Dunu DN2KJ without bass ring fitted.

Philips Fidelio X2 - slightly too much bass.

Headphones that I have tried but hated:-

V Moda M100 - very popular with many but horrific bass for me.
B & O H2 - too boomy.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks.
[/quote I think you will be fine with the ce6p . They have enough bass to satisfy you. If you're not a bass head then I'd say stay with ce6p. I have the ce6b and yes they carry a punch. But it'll also depend on your source and type of music you listen to .

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #5,117 of 5,310
I know this is a question that has been asked many times on this thread but I was hoping for some thoughts on the following. I've just placed an order for the CE6P but I'm not sure if I should have gone with the 6B. Stil time to change. I have a few headphones/IEMS and in terms of sound signatures the ones that I enjoy the most and would want similar from the CE's are:-

Hifiman HE400S with focus pads which slightly increase bass from the stock ones - my favourite.
Sennheiser HD600.
NAD VISO HP50.

B & O H2 - too boomy.

we have similar feelings for the X2 and i find my ce6p has a bass quantity that is on the border between natural and too much. it is a little bit emphasized, though, but still natural. i am using them with dx90 and L3. hope this helps.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #5,118 of 5,310

Sennheiser HD600.
NAD VISO HP50.

B & O H2 - too boomy.

All depends on the kind of person you are and what you're looking for. I'm the kind of person who, if I'd ordered the P, would eventually exchange it for the B. The B does have some amazing bass extension and quality a match for anything I've so far heard, while still having quality highs and lows. Check out headfonia's review comparing the CE6E (Old name for the CE6B) with 1964's offering.

Having said that if you're OK with OK bass and want more present highs instead of a smooth sound, go for the P. (But consider other options if you're going for the P - see below)

I'd say the 6B compares favourably with 1964 ears, Heir 8.a and Nobel K10, all of which i've a/b'ed against. But I'm not sure how the 6P would compare with Hidition NT6 or Spiral Ear 5 for example.

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #5,119 of 5,310
we have similar feelings for the X2 and i find my ce6p has a bass quantity that is on the border between natural and too much. it is a little bit emphasized, though, but still natural. i am using them with dx90 and L3. hope this helps.

All depends on the kind of person you are and what you're looking for. I'm the kind of person who, if I'd ordered the P, would eventually exchange it for the B. The B does have some amazing bass extension and quality a match for anything I've so far heard, while still having quality highs and lows. Check out headfonia's review comparing the CE6E (Old name for the CE6B) with 1964's offering.

Having said that if you're OK with OK bass and want more present highs instead of a smooth sound, go for the P. (But consider other options if you're going for the P - see below)

I'd say the 6B compares favourably with 1964 ears, Heir 8.a and Nobel K10, all of which i've a/b'ed against. But I'm not sure how the 6P would compare with Hidition NT6 or Spiral Ear 5 for example.na​Th

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. I do like the Headfonia reviews and it was that along with other sources that made me go with Cosmic Ears. In that review he says 'if you're not the biggest fan of bass body you should probably opt for the CE6P model'. I'll be honest I don't really know what bass body means. My preference is for the bass to be presented as the artist intended so that it doesn't sound boomy or bleed into the other frequencies and decays as it should. For example I love the way planars present bass e.g the Oppo PM3. It's interesting that Poridge says the 6P is on the border berween natural and too much. Could you explain 'bass body' or point me in the direction of a source that can?

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #5,120 of 5,310
Thanks for the replies much appreciated. I do like the Headfonia reviews and it was that along with other sources that made me go with Cosmic Ears. In that review he says 'if you're not the biggest fan of bass body you should probably opt for the CE6P model'. I'll be honest I don't really know what bass body means. My preference is for the bass to be presented as the artist intended so that it doesn't sound boomy or bleed into the other frequencies and decays as it should. For example I love the way planars present bass e.g the Oppo PM3. It's interesting that Poridge says the 6P is on the border berween natural and too much. Could you explain 'bass body' or point me in the direction of a source that can?

my experience is, if you don't intentionally look for more bass, just go with the more neutral ones(the P).

i think you are looking for reference tuning iems, like uerm or um miracle. though everyone has their own definition of reference, ce6p seems to be the closer choice. i don't know your experience with iems, but you may not like what you hear. the "reference" cpuld be diferent to your expectation. and planar bass is hard to imitate, ba drivers can only barely do close to dynamics.

if you want to know more about bass body, i suggest you you try it out ypurself on some lower price iems, for example gr07 and gr07 bass(their may be some better choices out their, but these two just pops out of my mind). many reviewers made great comparisons that serve as great references. for me, i read |joker|'s reviews on entry to mid level iems and tried them to get an understanding of the sound description and how much of an upgrade there is.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #5,121 of 5,310
my experience is, if you don't intentionally look for more bass, just go with the more neutral ones(the P).

i think you are looking for reference tuning iems, like uerm or um miracle. though everyone has their own definition of reference, ce6p seems to be the closer choice. i don't know your experience with iems, but you may not like what you hear. the "reference" cpuld be diferent to your expectation. and planar bass is hard to imitate, ba drivers can only barely do close to dynamics.

if you want to know more about bass body, i suggest you you try it out ypurself on some lower price iems, for example gr07 and gr07 bass(their may be some better choices out their, but these two just pops out of my mind). many reviewers made great comparisons that serve as great references. for me, i read |joker|'s reviews on entry to mid level iems and tried them to get an understanding of the sound description and how much of an upgrade there is.

Exactly, you should compare a review with one of the units you own yourself. I think the example of the GR07(Bass) is a good one to show what bass body is. The X2 also has full bodied bass, like the LCD2, etc.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #5,122 of 5,310

Exactly, you should compare a review with one of the units you own yourself. I think the example of the GR07(Bass) is a good one to show what bass body is. The X2 also has full bodied bass, like the LCD2, etc.

Some really helpful advice given here guys. I prefer the HD600 to the X2 mainly because of less bass presence. Certainly I don't intentionally look for more bass.  In terms of IEM experience it's fairly limited. I do have the Inear stage diver SD2 which I love but unfortunately to get a good seal I find them uncomfortable after a little while (tried loads of different tips - using comply at present). This is one of the reasons to go for my first customs. From what I have read about the stage diver SD3 I would find the bass too much for me. If the CE6P is closer to the SD2 then that is the one for me.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #5,123 of 5,310

Just read the Headphonia review on the CE5P and then a post from you earlier in this thread that  said the CE6P 'is an upgraded CE5P, bit wider, deeper, more detail'. That is exactly what I am looking for. Feeling very re-assured. For me it's a reasonable financial outlay and so it's important to make the most informed choice possible. The 'P' it is.

Thanks guys very much appreciated.

May 29, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #5,125 of 5,310
I am trying to decide between the P and the B version.
I own a TripleFi10 wonderfully reshelled by Emil from Limeears.
I like my TF10 but I need an upgrade.
Can someone compare them if possible?
I mostly listen to Electro, Rock Pop and Punk and a bit Metall.
Or is it worth the extra bucks to take the Aether.
Thanks.

May 29, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #5,126 of 5,310
I am trying to decide between the P and the B version.
I own a TripleFi10 wonderfully reshelled by Emil from Limeears.
I like my TF10 but I need an upgrade.
Can someone compare them if possible?
I mostly listen to Electro, Rock Pop and Punk and a bit Metall.
Or is it worth the extra bucks to take the Aether.
Thanks.

I've got TF10(reshelled) too!
I feel TF10 is much more drier. About soundstage, CE6P's is more wider.

Here're freq responces :D
(I'm using CE6P with silver cable, so it might not be actually default sound)

TF10 Reshelled

CE6P

P.S The mic is DIYed. Please take it just for reference.

May 29, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #5,127 of 5,310
if you would like a tf10 upgrade, i would suggest you take a look at the fischer amps' creations. i got their fa 4e-xb and the bass is quite close to the feel of the tf10. heard that they are realeasing updated models.

May 29, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #5,128 of 5,310
Thanx for the very quick Response.

I will have a look at fisher amps...

Thank you for the freq Responses. i am pretty unsure. do you have Maximum or comfortable fit?
Will Report about my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back