Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #2,821 of 5,310
  That's not the new style cable, it's a two-wire braid all the way, whereas the new cable will have a four-wire braid below the Y-split. I think Phil mentioned that he will offer the new cable for free to those who bought a CIEM with the older cable. I have no issues with this cable, but I'm looking forward to the clear cable when it comes out, which I think will aesthetically match up to the smoke shells better :)

Fit-wise, the left side now seals great, but the right side is still slightly loose. Which is a bit odd, considering that with universal IEMs I had more fit problems with my left ear.

I love clear cables but the problem is that it turns green, which makes it look disgusting. :frowning2:

The nail polish you want to use isnt really nail polish. It is called "top coat", It is basically clear nail polish/gel but it is applied on top of already colored nails to protect nail polish from chipping. You can get it anywhere really. I use it on my JH16s and it works great. To fully dry, i let it sit overnight. Depending on thickness of coat, It wont be 100% clear after it dries (its mostly clear with a little white when it dried) but it is very hard and should feel like the acrylic the earpiece is made of.

Which brand do you use? I let mine sit for overnight and even for two days straight, once they warmed up in my ear it just felt like mush.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #2,823 of 5,310
If I want pre-fit service... but want all sorts of customized colors, faceplate design, etc, can I still just order the pre-fit service to make sure they fit well, or must I order the whole thing with the pre-fit service? Do I need to customize the left and right monitors to tell them apart, or is there something that designates the left/right by default on the cable, or on the actual monitor?

I wanted custom colours and custom logo for mine and Phil told me that it's not possible.

You can only choose between the colours and options available on the website.

EDIT : Just got a text message and an email :

"Your order is complete
Hi there. Your recent order on Cosmic Ears has been completed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:
Your order was shipped on Monday 9th September 2013 via Posten AB. Tracking number xxxx. Click here to track your shipment: "

bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #2,824 of 5,310
I've just ordered BA4R (smoke shell with metallic logo). I'm going to send my ear impressions to Phil tomorrow. Can't wait to stick them into my ears:D

Please confirm that once ordered is placed Phil will send me the address where should I send my ear impressions. Or maybe there is some standard address to which I should send the impressions right away?

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #2,825 of 5,310
It's a standard address, better to send before you place your order, at the bottom of the page there's a link for audiologist notes, the address is on that pdf
Edit: http://www.cosmicears.com/supporting-documents/Audiologist-Impression-Notes.pdf

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2,826 of 5,310
I love clear cables but the problem is that it turns green, which makes it look disgusting. :frowning2:
Which brand do you use? I let mine sit for overnight and even for two days straight, once they warmed up in my ear it just felt like mush.

Phil is working on some kind of secret formula that prevents the clear cable from going green :) Hopefully he will be successful.
I'd be interested in recommendations for the top coat too. I definitely don't want mush :p

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2,827 of 5,310
Phil is working on some kind of secret formula that prevents the clear cable from going green
smily_headphones1.gif
Hopefully he will be successful.
I'd be interested in recommendations for the top coat too. I definitely don't want mush
tongue.gif

I'm guessing silver plated?
Yeah, definitely don't want mush. It felt so nasty, my ear smelled like nail polish.
"Your order is complete Hi there. Your recent order on Cosmic Ears has been completed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:
Your order was shipped on Monday 9th September 2013 via Posten AB. Tracking number xxxx. Click here to track your shipment: "

bigsmile_face.gif

Me too! I'm guessing our monitors were finished at the same time.
L3000.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #2,829 of 5,310
  I should have mine before you.

What the date of your order on CE website ?

Yeah, I'm sure you'll get it before me.
I placed my order on August 24th, you? I'm really surprised at how quickly they got completed.

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #2,832 of 5,310
How long did you guys wait for a reply from Cosmic Ears?  Ive sent emails since last week, and still no response.  I have impressions ready to ship out, but before I spend $45 to mail them, I want to make sure that I am able to order them!

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,833 of 5,310
  How long did you guys wait for a reply from Cosmic Ears?  Ive sent emails since last week, and still no response.  I have impressions ready to ship out, but before I spend $45 to mail them, I want to make sure that I am able to order them!

Try to email them again, I think last week something went wrong with their email inbox and they didn't get any emails. Where are you located? I don't think you should spend $45 on sending the impressions, just pick the cheapest option. I was given a choice of $9 or $45 for shipping my impressions and I picked the cheapest option, it arrived in Sweden in about two weeks. The tracking is spotty cause they can choose to scan it or not and the tracking for my impressions still say they're in New York but they arrived in Sweden safe and sound. Also, from what Phil has told me you can just send in impressions anytime and then you will be notified that they have received your impressions and you can order monitors through the site after that.

Sep 11, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #2,834 of 5,310
In my personal experience I've still never received a response to an email on the website and I've sent many over the past 3 weeks, the choosing what items you want enabled did nothing either, that was also 3 weeks ago. The only successful contact I've had is talking to them on Skype so I'd do that, they seem to always be online so you'll get a pretty quick response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back