Cosmic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 4, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #49 of 100
I got my Crescent Moon today and it's a lovely looking cable, Ian has done a fantastic job. It's a little heavier then my previous cables but never feels uncomfortable, no chance of it tangling either which is a plus. I'll post some pics over the weekend.

I've only been able to listen to a handful of songs so far but I love what I'm hearing so far. It's given the music a boost, it feels more energetic with more clarity and seperation. More details and deeper bass as well. I'm looking forward to spending more time listening, I feel like a kid at Christmas at the moment.

Thanks for the great service Ian.

Dec 25, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #50 of 100
Finally got the cables that I ordered in Black Friday.

I absolutely love that the connector color is customizable. I got mine in Satin Silver to try to match the silver trim of my E-MU Teaks but it was slightly too dark. It ended up matching my Schiit instead so a win anyway.

The weave is fantastic and the cable is very supple. I absolutely dig the quality of these cables.

20201225_112750.jpg

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #51 of 100
Finally got the cables that I ordered in Black Friday.

I absolutely love that the connector color is customizable. I got mine in Satin Silver to try to match the silver trim of my E-MU Teaks but it was slightly too dark. It ended up matching my Schiit instead so a win anyway.

The weave is fantastic and the cable is very supple. I absolutely dig the quality of these cables.

20201225_112750.jpg
The quality if Ian's cable are matched by his excellent service. I sent my silver Neptune cable back to have an XLR connector fitted to allow me to plug into the XLR output on my new Burson Soloist. He had posted back out to me within two days, fantastic service. the cable is a significant upgrade to the stock cable on my LCD-3.

Feb 24, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #52 of 100
I got my Crescent Moon today and it's a lovely looking cable, Ian has done a fantastic job. It's a little heavier then my previous cables but never feels uncomfortable, no chance of it tangling either which is a plus. I'll post some pics over the weekend.

I've only been able to listen to a handful of songs so far but I love what I'm hearing so far. It's given the music a boost, it feels more energetic with more clarity and seperation. More details and deeper bass as well. I'm looking forward to spending more time listening, I feel like a kid at Christmas at the moment.

Thanks for the great service Ian.
Any further thoughts on performance ?

would be great to see pictures of the cable if possible

why did you sell ?

thanks

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #53 of 100
Any further thoughts on performance ?

would be great to see pictures of the cable if possible

why did you sell ?

thanks

It's brings more energy to the IEM you're using, kind of magnifies all frequencies whilst giving a smooth performance. It's a lovely cable for the price asked, I'd say great value for money when you look at what similar cables using the same materials go for. I just have a lot of stuff and needed to thin it out a bit. Here's a pic:

Cable.jpg

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #56 of 100
Just got a Brimar 12x mmcx IEM cable back that I sent to Ian at Cosmic Cables for repair after a recommendation from a fellow UK based HeadFier. Excellent service, great communication, super quick and he managed to rescue the existing Plussound mmcx connectors for me! It's great to know that there's someone in the UK I can trust with my existing cables and I'm fairly sure I'll be browsing for a custom cable (or two!) in the not too distant future.

Apr 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #58 of 100
I was looking forward to my ceres iem cables, but it appears that I've been a victim of Royal Mail. About 10 days after placing my order (after some very helpful and prompt emailing back and forth with Ian), I reached out only to find that my cable had been shipped a week ago and was showing as delivered on the tracking number which Ian shared with me the next day. I haven't managed to make any headway with Royal Mail and now assume the parcel to be lost any my £125 down the drain :frowning2:

Apr 6, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #59 of 100
T
I was looking forward to my ceres iem cables, but it appears that I've been a victim of Royal Mail. About 10 days after placing my order (after some very helpful and prompt emailing back and forth with Ian), I reached out only to find that my cable had been shipped a week ago and was showing as delivered on the tracking number which Ian shared with me the next day. I haven't managed to make any headway with Royal Mail and now assume the parcel to be lost any my £125 down the drain :frowning2:
That's dreadful, Royal Mail are not good, I have had similar problems with CD's going missing. Recently Ian modified my cable & it did arrive safely but Royal Mail took longer to get it from London to Wiltshire than it took for my new Burson amp to arrive from Hong Kong. Ian is alway very quick with his shipping, shame Royal mail don't do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back