Cosmic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 3, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #91 of 100
So I have Questions, has anyone tried out the new moon cables, is there an option for pentacon iem end eg not mmcx.
Do the 0.78 connectors fit IMR iems?

Feb 3, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #92 of 100
So I have Questions, has anyone tried out the new moon cables, is there an option for pentacon iem end eg not mmcx.
Do the 0.78 connectors fit IMR iems?
I have the Crescent moon and the light blue standard version, while the crescent moon is a cut above I would still highly recommend the standard versions for unparalleled value for money, I believe all cables are available with 4.4mm but for the 0.78 you'll have to check with Ian directly
info@cosmic-cables.co.uk

Feb 3, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #93 of 100
I have the Crescent moon and the light blue standard version, while the crescent moon is a cut above I would still highly recommend the standard versions for unparalleled value for money, I believe all cables are available with 4.4mm but for the 0.78 you'll have to check with Ian directly
info@cosmic-cables.co.uk
Cheers I've sent him an email the new moon definitely look the business and are priced nearer my budget than other Alternatives of similar design. I'm looking to use them with my Meze Advar, Acoustune HS1670SS or Acoustune HS1655CU depending on connection options
And my IMR Bass Cannon (23)
Its such an unknown quantity when it comes to how a cable interacts with particular iems so a gamble with serious effects to the wallet if not ideal.

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #94 of 100
Cheers I've sent him an email the new moon definitely look the business and are priced nearer my budget than other Alternatives of similar design. I'm looking to use them with my Meze Advar, Acoustune HS1670SS or Acoustune HS1655CU depending on connection options
And my IMR Bass Cannon (23)
Its such an unknown quantity when it comes to how a cable interacts with particular iems so a gamble with serious effects to the wallet if not ideal.
Great, good luck

Feb 18, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #95 of 100
Just taken the plunge on a Mercury 8 wire pure silver balanced set for my HEDDphones. As others have mentioned, Ian has been extremely responsive and helpful via email - so far a very positive experience. I'll report back when they arrive.

Mar 2, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #96 of 100
Just spent the last couple of hours comparing the original copper HEDDphone SE cable to the new Mercury 8 wire pure silver set with SE converter attached. Balanced listening has to wait until my SA-1 arrives in a week or so. For now I'm just going in to my Neve 88m single ended, which is seriously underpowered for the HEDD. This is the first serious after market cable upgrade I have tried since getting into the world of high end headphones and as I opened the box I was mentally preparing myself for disappointment and an expensive lesson learned about snake oil etc. I have to say though, to my relief, the difference was immediately obvious. The silver has way more clarity and detail in the top end. This has a massive knock on effect on the sense of space and realism of instruments as so much of their harmonic overtone information is in these upper frequencies. Basslines are also sounding more defined. When comparing the two cables, the general tonal character of the HEDDs is pretty much the same regardless, but the silver is just letting more frequencies through. It's completing the sonic picture, particularly with well recorded acoustic music it's really making a difference seeing the actual positions of the instruments in the sound stage in front of you.

So far I'd have to say the upgrade is completely worth it, especially when compared to the amount of money people are throwing down for other parts of the signal chain. Can't wait to try it balanced from the SA-1.

The 8 wire braid is really nice and flexible also - looks beautiful.

Thanks Ian, thoroughly recommended!

Mar 10, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #97 of 100
After living with my New Moon cables on my Meze Advar and IMR ACOUSTICS BC(23) I have got to say what superb cable they are beautifully ergonomic for a thick cable with amazing sonics the solid bass control with no bloating making mids come slightly forward while extending the treble with a smoothness not experienced with any other cables I've used even those from EA. The price is very reasonable with impressive service from Ian. I'll definitely be investing further in Cosmic Cables

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #98 of 100
I placed a custom order with Ian at Cosmic Cables UK. It was for the Pluto cable with Eidolic black XLR 4 pin and Furutech 4 pin Mini XLR.

Previously I've used the Meze Audio Furukawa Silver Plated PCUHD upgrade cable and still have and use the Lavricables Grand pure silver cable with my Elites. I've always fancied a Norne cable but the price after import charges etc can be a little off-putting. Also, it just felt better to give someone in the UK a try and save on the air miles etc.

Why Pluto? While I love the Lavricables Grand with the Elites, I didn't like it as much on my new pair of Atrium Closed Ash LTD Purple Burst. The stock copper cable seemed to have a better balance, possible a little too dark. I'd also read that some found the Meze silver cable worked really well. So, as the Pluto is a silver plated OCC cable I decided to go with that. Very easy to deal with Ian via email and very helpful!

Anyway, I received the cable the other day which arrived in sealed bag in a fabric stuff sac with purple twist ties.... nice touch... and I was very happy with the quality and feel of the cable. It has a very similar feel to the Meze cable, very soft rope like feel and the colour and style of the cable is very appealing a little different to most I've seen. Just what I wanted, something that had an understated style that wouldn't necessarily compete with the headphones and a little different! Sound wise, even very early on, it's sounding very good and, as expected, tonally sits between the stock and the LC Grand. Soundstage depth has increased over stock and imaging / layering has become more defined.

I really can't get my head around why there's only 7 pages here... seriously, the quality of the work etc with the cable I've received matches both Meze & Lavricables. The LC Grand is actually harder to handle as it's a heavier gauge wire, which is unavoidable, but the things I enjoyed in terms of handling with the Meze upgrade cables stands true with the Pluto from CC. I will be making a point of recommending Ian to those I know are based in the UK. There really should be more activity here!

Anyway, a couple of phone pics... bit low light today (chucking it down) so not the best but should give a good impression.

IMG_5391.jpeg

IMG_5385.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #99 of 100
I placed a custom order with Ian at Cosmic Cables UK. It was for the Pluto cable with Eidolic black XLR 4 pin and Furutech 4 pin Mini XLR.

Previously I've used the Meze Audio Furukawa Silver Plated PCUHD upgrade cable and still have and use the Lavricables Grand pure silver cable with my Elites. I've always fancied a Norne cable but the price after import charges etc can be a little off-putting. Also, it just felt better to give someone in the UK a try and save on the air miles etc.

Why Pluto? While I love the Lavricables Grand with the Elites, I didn't like it as much on my new pair of Atrium Closed Ash LTD Purple Burst. The stock copper cable seemed to have a better balance, possible a little too dark. I'd also read that some found the Meze silver cable worked really well. So, as the Pluto is a silver plated OCC cable I decided to go with that. Very easy to deal with Ian via email and very helpful!

Anyway, I received the cable the other day which arrived in sealed bag in a fabric stuff sac with purple twist ties.... nice touch... and I was very happy with the quality and feel of the cable. It has a very similar feel to the Meze cable, very soft rope like feel and the colour and style of the cable is very appealing a little different to most I've seen. Just what I wanted, something that had an understated style that wouldn't necessarily compete with the headphones and a little different! Sound wise, even very early on, it's sounding very good and, as expected, tonally sits between the stock and the LC Grand. Soundstage depth has increased over stock and imaging / layering has become more defined.

I really can't get my head around why there's only 7 pages here... seriously, the quality of the work etc with the cable I've received matches both Meze & Lavricables. The LC Grand is actually harder to handle as it's a heavier gauge wire, which is unavoidable, but the things I enjoyed in terms of handling with the Meze upgrade cables stands true with the Pluto from CC. I will be making a point of recommending Ian to those I know are based in the UK. There really should be more activity here!

Anyway, a couple of phone pics... bit low light today (chucking it down) so not the best but should give a good impression.

100% agree with your sentiments here. The bottom line for me is that Ian is a class act in every sense of that phrase. His products (I have three) are outstanding in terms of construction and sonic output, and the same can be said of his client service. He lets his cables do his talking and I do not and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who's looking for these important components.

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #100 of 100
I hadn't realized there was a thread dedicated to Cosmic Cables or I'd have posted this sooner. I borrowed a friend's pair of Final Audio D8000 headphones last year and he had the Pluto as his cable for it. I got to compare it with the stock cable and the Pluto was much better. I loved the feel of it, it was free of tangles, coils, and microphonics and was a pleasure to hold. Better yet, it also provided sonic benefits over the stock Final cable - the D8000 has a nice smooth sound but the Pluto really enhanced that quality, and it improved the clarity and cleanliness of the sound, too.

While I went in a different direction than the D8000, I'm looking forward to buying some Cosmic cables before long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back