Cosmic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #76 of 100
If you look along the top bar there will be an insert image option although you may have to wait to have your account confirmed by the moderators to post images, not sure, I've purchased various diy stuff and cables from Cosmic and the service has always been great and the cables are still going strong after nearly 2 years, interested to see what you got if you can post the pictures

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #79 of 100
Cable number two from cosmic cables.. Once again I bombarded Ian with questions and once again Ian answered everything. The cable is superbly made and is exactly what I asked for.. thanks again

Attachments

• 20220207_200827.jpg
    20220207_200827.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220207_200801.jpg
    20220207_200801.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 23, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #80 of 100
I've just found this thread, while looking for reviews of Cosmic Cables. I was thinking of buying and had asked Ian a couple of questions: he has been very helpful and quick to reply My new cable is now ordered; I was very impressed with the option of having matching connectors in custom colours at no extra cost.

May 29, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #81 of 100
Hi to all, this my first post and I would like to give my thoughts on Ian's PURE SILVER 8 WIRE IEM Cable. Had the cable for nearly 6 months and had regular use, so can safely say its well and truly burned in.!. I've always believed you never know how good an upgrade is until you go back to what you were using before, This hit home hard on Friday and I just had to let others know. I swapped back to the stock cable and settled down for some tunes, enjoying a pint in the local Weatherspoon's. It just wasn't happening, I was finding it hard to decide what I wanted to listen to, I was getting irritable with the sound and it was all getting rather frustrating. Midway through the 3rd pint I was realising its this cable just not delivering. With that I whipped back home and swapped the cables over . Wow, massive difference, the soundstage exploded in all directions and the music was flowing and way more involving. The bass was was hitting like a hammer and the treble detail came out and took on a lovely shimmering presence. All this was masked by the stock cable....So on that evidence , (and I would probably had never have fully appreciated the difference had I not given the stock cable another spin out) Ian's cable is tremendous value for money as it enhances all aspects of you listening experience. Just got to finish off with the gear I use. iPhone to Chord Mojo to pair of Campfire Audio Vega2020 IEM's. At home, same but with Chord HugoTT2 DAC /Pair Audeze LCD XC 'phones...( Although I prefer the vega's and XC's dont get that much use) Anyway folks enjoy the tunes, and Ian keep on doing what ya doing cause ya doing a fantastic job!

May 29, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #82 of 100
Hi to all, this my first post and I would like to give my thoughts on Ian's PURE SILVER 8 WIRE IEM Cable. Had the cable for nearly 6 months and had regular use, so can safely say its well and truly burned in.!. I've always believed you never know how good an upgrade is until you go back to what you were using before, This hit home hard on Friday and I just had to let others know. I swapped back to the stock cable and settled down for some tunes, enjoying a pint in the local Weatherspoon's. It just wasn't happening, I was finding it hard to decide what I wanted to listen to, I was getting irritable with the sound and it was all getting rather frustrating. Midway through the 3rd pint I was realising its this cable just not delivering. With that I whipped back home and swapped the cables over . Wow, massive difference, the soundstage exploded in all directions and the music was flowing and way more involving. The bass was was hitting like a hammer and the treble detail came out and took on a lovely shimmering presence. All this was masked by the stock cable....So on that evidence , (and I would probably had never have fully appreciated the difference had I not given the stock cable another spin out) Ian's cable is tremendous value for money as it enhances all aspects of you listening experience. Just got to finish off with the gear I use. iPhone to Chord Mojo to pair of Campfire Audio Vega2020 IEM's. At home, same but with Chord HugoTT2 DAC /Pair Audeze LCD XC 'phones...( Although I prefer the vega's and XC's dont get that much use) Anyway folks enjoy the tunes, and Ian keep on doing what ya doing cause ya doing a fantastic job!
Thank you so much for the excellent review, it means a lot, I'll buy you a pint at Canjam

Jul 20, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #84 of 100
Thought I'd write a few lines about my experiences with Ian at Cosmic Cables. I initially approached him to have several pricey cables re-terminated, a PW Audio Loki 8 wire, a 4 wire variant and one other. Ian was very helpful and friendly throughout and ran through all of the options available with me. Once decided and I had sent the cables off it was around a week turnaround before having the cable back in my lap. The terminations look and feel the part (Furutech) and work perfectly.

Fast forward a few months and Ian popped into my mind when looking for a cable for my cheaper IEM's for out and about, the Campfire Vega and Dorado 2020's. I emailed Ian as I was unable to find the combination available of the termination and connections I wanted with his Crescent moon cable, Ian had sent over a bespoke offer within the day. During the week he had messaged me to get my preference on the colour of the Y split and the termination of the Eidolic hardware before progressing with the build. Within the week the new cable had arrived and it is a beauty! The cable feels and looks better than my cables that cost 3X the cost of this one and it makes the Vega 2020 absolutely sing when coming from the PW audio Loki 4 wire. It makes the Loki sound flat out two-dimensional and lifeless. The stage is wider and layering are both improved over the already very good Loki. This has a slight mid bass emphasis over the reference-like Loki and gives the signature more of a 'W' shape. The improvements are also prominent on the Dorado 2020 but to a lesser extent than the Vega 2020 which it has completely transformed. Overall, very happy with the purchase and will be using Ian again in the future! Cheers @Saturnian ... Some eye candy below.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 18.11.16.png
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 18.11.45.png

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #85 of 100
I reached out to Ian at Cosmic Cables recently for his advice and recommendations for my 64 Audio Trio. He responded to my emails very quickly and even late at night which really impressed me. We discussed my requirements and Ian gave a number of options. I decided to go with the Crescent Moon with the upgraded Eidolic connectors and splitter.

**UPDATE**

My initial impressions were based after the first couple of hours of listening. When it comes to burn in, I have always tended to be a little sceptical on how much the sound presentation can change after a period of time. I have taken into consideration other factors such as how much my head may get used to the sound and how that might be perceived as a change in the cable which in reality might not be the case. All of my listening has been done on Qobuz with no EQ added.

After 50+ listening hours, the sound characteristics of the Cosmic Cables Crescent Moon have changed to such a degree, my initial impressions are no longer valid. My subjective opinion has been the result of a fun journey!

After 2 hours

The Crescent Moon on the Trio gives a very detailed signature and provides a wide holographic soundstage in both width and depth. Vocals are moved noticeably forward with a big improvement in imaging. Female vocals have become more natural. The biggest improvement is in the treble which has more air and detail without becoming too bright. Instruments have better timbre, separation and imaging in the higher frequencies. Bass is pushed back somewhat which is not an issue on the Trio. I would describe this pairing as being more on the analytical side and great for jazz, classical, acoustic and female vocals. More focus is put on the mids and treble than bass and the overall result is a beautiful sweet sounding cable.

Edit: During my first few hours of listening, my impression was that the Crescent Moon was showing quite a bit of 'resistance', especially in the bass department. The bass on 64 Audio Trio was present but it was also dialled back and wasn't the main focus. However, the bass would come through a lot stronger as I increased the volume. Hence the feeling of resistance in the cable

After 50 hours +

Vocals are no longer forward. Both male and female vocals have added texture and are very natural. Treble has retained great air, detail and realism and any slight brightness has now gone. The mids have shown a marked improvement and are now beautifully balanced and natural. Now to the bass. Wow, what can I say! The bass which originally took the back seat is now the star. The bass is now very linear from sub bass to mid bass. Texture, layering, impact and punch is amazing and the bass performance with regard to timbre and realism is now something very special.

My original assessment of the Crecscent Moon as being 'on the analytical side' has now been upgraded to 'reference and balanced'. If the track has thundering bass then that is what you get (IEM dependent of course), and very well balanced. The bass doesn't overshadow or bleed into the mids which now shine for both male and female vocals and the treble is beautifully controlled, detailed and airy. I have been listening to a lot of acoustic EDM, movie soundtracks, rock, classical and jazz and the Crescent Moon excels across the board.

The Crescent Moon is a fantastic cable and a perfect match for my 64 Audio Trio. An easy S+ Rating! Thanks again to Ian at Cosmic Cables.

Cosmic 1.JPG

Cosmic 2.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #86 of 100
I reached out to Ian at Cosmic Cables recently for his advice and recommendations for my 64 Audio Trio. He responded to my emails very quickly and even late at night which really impressed me. We discussed my requirements and Ian gave a number of options. I decided to go with the Crescent Moon with the upgraded Eidolic connectors and splitter.

**UPDATE**

My initial impressions were based after the first couple of hours of listening. When it comes to burn in, I have always tended to be a little sceptical on how much the sound presentation can change after a period of time. I have taken into consideration other factors such as how much my head may get used to the sound and how that might be perceived as a change in the cable which in reality might not be the case. All of my listening has been done on Qobuz with no EQ added.

After 50+ listening hours, the sound characteristics of the Cosmic Cables Crescent Moon have changed to such a degree, my initial impressions are no longer valid. My subjective opinion has been the result of a fun journey!

After 2 hours

The Crescent Moon on the Trio gives a very detailed signature and provides a wide holographic soundstage in both width and depth. Vocals are moved noticeably forward with a big improvement in imaging. Female vocals have become more natural. The biggest improvement is in the treble which has more air and detail without becoming too bright. Instruments have better timbre, separation and imaging in the higher frequencies. Bass is pushed back somewhat which is not an issue on the Trio. I would describe this pairing as being more on the analytical side and great for jazz, classical, acoustic and female vocals. More focus is put on the mids and treble than bass and the overall result is a beautiful sweet sounding cable.

Edit: During my first few hours of listening, my impression was that the Crescent Moon was showing quite a bit of 'resistance', especially in the bass department. The bass on 64 Audio Trio was present but it was also dialled back and wasn't the main focus. However, the bass would come through a lot stronger as I increased the volume. Hence the feeling of resistance in the cable

After 50 hours +

Vocals are no longer forward. Both male and female vocals have added texture and are very natural. Treble has retained great air, detail and realism and any slight brightness has now gone. The mids have shown a marked improvement and are now beautifully balanced and natural. Now to the bass. Wow, what can I say! The bass which originally took the back seat is now the star. The bass is now very linear from sub bass to mid bass. Texture, layering, impact and punch is amazing and the bass performance with regard to timbre and realism is now something very special.

My original assessment of the Crecscent Moon as being 'on the analytical side' has now been upgraded to 'reference and balanced'. If the track has thundering bass then that is what you get (IEM dependent of course), and very well balanced. The bass doesn't overshadow or bleed into the mids which now shine for both male and female vocals and the treble is beautifully controlled, detailed and airy. I have been listening to a lot of acoustic EDM, movie soundtracks, rock, classical and jazz and the Crescent Moon excels across the board.

The Crescent Moon is a fantastic cable and a perfect match for my 64 Audio Trio. An easy S+ Rating! Thanks again to Ian at Cosmic Cables.

Cosmic 1.JPG
Cosmic 2.JPG
I have just updated my listening impressions of the Crescent Moon on the 64 Audio Trio after 50+ hours of listening. Very impressive!

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #88 of 100
Thank you so much for the excellent review, it means a lot, I'll buy you a pint at Canjam
Hi, what's the AWG on the new moon cables? Also, which are the copper ones from the colors available?

Jan 5, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #89 of 100
@Rolu, the awg is 17, the colours that are copper are, the colours that contain copper wire aside of the copper, spc are these, also the brown one too but for some
reason the photo won't load onto here

Attachments

• df77c3_b03a78903d714aeb90c0ecf7aced1502_mv2.jpg
    df77c3_b03a78903d714aeb90c0ecf7aced1502_mv2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 0
  • df77c3_59308383495c48bb9dff3ccae348b793_mv2.jpg
    df77c3_59308383495c48bb9dff3ccae348b793_mv2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 0
  • df77c3_0b8299eeae72430c84fc9a349dfaafa5_mv2.jpg
    df77c3_0b8299eeae72430c84fc9a349dfaafa5_mv2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 10, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #90 of 100
I have just updated my listening impressions of the Crescent Moon on the 64 Audio Trio after 50+ hours of listening. Very impressive!
Your review of the Crescent Moon helped convince me to pull out the stops and go for the longer than standard length full size 4 pin XLR cabling for my Final Audio D8000 Pros. @Saturnian Ian from CC has been a pleasure to deal with and endlessly patient with questions and connector and splitter aesthetics.

He's working on the cable as we speak, very excited to share my impressions here once I'm through initial burn-in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back