Cosmic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 13, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #16 of 100
In the hope that assists other buyers. I purchased two cables from the "star" collection for my HD700 and my HD660S. As I wanted a shorter length, I had cause to ask some questions. Ian's communication and flexibility were excellent and responses extremely prompt (and that's with a time difference of 11 hours between Australia and the UK). Once I placed the order, he made them within a few days, tested them and posted them. I received the cables yesterday and I am very impressed. The connectors are all excellent quality and the build and aesthetics are awesome. I couldn't fault a single aspect of my experience. I will be buying from them again.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #17 of 100
Hey Ian, need some advice. Im looking to make a 4 or 8 wire iem cable. What is the lightest most flexible cable you sell ?

Feb 28, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #18 of 100
Thanks for the advice (DM), I don’t have a solder pot anymore, but if that copper and pure silver cable is not litz then that sounds cool. I go for 4 wire then. Guess I’ll need about 18ft ?

Feb 28, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #19 of 100
Hey Ian, need some advice. Im looking to make a 4 or 8 wire iem cable. What is the lightest most flexible cable you sell ?
Hi, in general all of our wires are very light, soft and flexible with the exception of the Neotech wires that are a bit more rigid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 100
Hi, in general all of our wires are very light, soft and flexible with the exception of the Neotech wires that are a bit more rigid
Cool, thanks man, Order placed.

Oh I just noticed you are doing interconnects too. Probably going to be bugging you again soon, You are now officially my cable guy :)

Mar 15, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #22 of 100
I have recently purchased a silver cable for my LCD-3 from Cosmic cables. Ian's service is above & beyond. Communication was always prompt & he offered me very good advice & information. I was lucky enough to be able to try both a SPC & a pure silver cable, both were excellent but the silver one offered the more coherent improvement to the LCD-3 & improved the sound in a linear manner, keeping all the qualities of the LCD's intact but improving on all areas to a degree that was well beyond my expectations & continues to improve with a little burn in.

Delivery was only a few days after ordering was was very prompt. Both the cables I received were built to very high standards & looked very good. The LCD-3 were a fairly recent purchase & proved to have a synergy with my Burson V2/2qute combo that I had not heard on other cans. The silver cable was the perfect compliment to this, allowing the Audeze's to really shine & show what they are capable of. It certainly has been one of if not the most effective upgrades I have made. I can only thank Ian for his amazing service, he deserves as much support as possible. My only concern now is should I have invested in an even higher grade cable from him, who know how good that would be.

May 10, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #23 of 100
Hi Guys, I've just placed my 1st order with Cosmic Cables. I was in the market for 4.4 balanced cable for my Focal Elegia. I didn't want to spend too much as the headphones themselves aren't really that expensive. My main reason for wanting to replace the stock cable was 1) It was a little short and 2)its stiffer than a teenager at the playboy mansion.

I have to say having exchanged several emails with Ian he was extremely helpful and informative. I placed a customer enquiry today not expecting to get a reply until tomorrow with it being Sunday but Ian replied within the hour and within minuets thereafter.

So far I am really impressed with level of customer service. Ian also pledged to have the cable posted on Thursday this week which was over and above my expectations and blew me away really. Four days for a bespoke cable is more than excellent in my eyes.. I here some places takes weeks, even months?

I will update everyone on build quality, sound, bang for buck etc when the cable arrives and I have had time to review it properly.

til then bye for now

May 16, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #24 of 100
Thought I'd just chip in, was looking for a custom cable for my Final Sonorous 3 after being fed up with connectors on their stock always falling apart fast. Was having a hard time finding anyone with the right connectors and stumbled on cosmic cables. Contacted them about being able to do something here last Sunday and after a few back and forth emails got a cable through today which works great (went with a "Moon" cable with extended length jacks, don't really need the locking feature).

Construction looks solid and I notice audio improved a bit too, seems like lower and mids have more weight to the point it's now putting me off upgrading to a Sonorous 4 or something.

Quite surprised at the turn around and response, especially for the price (wasn't that much more than the standard options). I'm generally an IEM guy but I like headphones for gaming at home and I'm definitely going to bear them in mind whenever my iem cables next fall apart (unfortunately I had just bought some new ones from someone else last month haha)

Callisto.JPG

Jun 2, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #25 of 100
Guys,

I posted earlier to say how good the customer experience was with Ian at Cosmic Cables. Having received my cable which had taken approximately a week to arrive from ordering which I think is incredible for a custom build. I would like to give you all un update on my experience.
Firstly, the build quality of the cable is excellent and as good as any I have previously owned. This is a huge compliment as I have had cables from Moon Audio, Norne Audio and Danacables. All of which have been two and three times the price of the cable I ordered.
Although I won't discuss the actual price I think it was extremely good value given the quality I mentioned above.
The ergonomics of the cable are also great. No tangling, not too heavy and absolutely zero microphonics.
My cable was purchased to replace the original one supplied with my Focal Elegia which is a bit short, stiff and terminated in 3.5. To be honest I wasn't really looking for any sonic differences. I just wanted to fix the issues I had with the stock cable, however I did choose to go copper with a hope of trying to introduce a little more warmth & bass without adding any brightness or sibilance into the mix.
I am extremely happy with my purchase and although the results are subtle, they are there to be heard and to be honest that's exactly what I expected from a cable swap.

Honestly guys having spent "silly" money on cables before from the US and incurring additional customs taxes etc in the process I don't think I will ever need to buy outside the UK again. I highly recommend Ian and his work at Cosmic Cables. Give him a call. You will not be disappointed and you can thank me later.

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #27 of 100
Bought a 'real' cable to replace the Mickey Mouse cable that Focal deliver with the Elegia phones.
This 'real' cable is from Cosmic and I cannot fail them. Prompt delivery, great comms and a cable beautifully crafted from from excellent parts. Plugs Neutrik and Amphenol and soft and light cabling.
Sounds excellent so far - only received hours ago.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #28 of 100
I usually post in the DIY gallery and almost all of my parts come from Ian at Cosmic, so this time out I'm posting here just to mention the great service I had (and always get) with Ian. He goes out of his way to help me with my builds and this latest one was no different. Highly recommend using Cosmic if you're looking for DIY and/or cabling services.

And with that, here are a few pics of my latest cable creation - a short-run HD800S cable terminated in Eidolic (both the 4.4mm and the HD800 connectors) with a very supple copper cable which I braided (my first ever 8 wire braid)

20200622_201736.jpg
20200622_201759.jpg
20200622_202223.jpg

Thanks again Ian

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #29 of 100
Hello Ian,
Big thanks for making my new cable for my Hifiman HE-1000v2.
It’s mogami wire, beautifully wrapped in silver-grey, Eidolic plugs top n bottom.
Great price and super fast build n delivery.
Highly recommended
cheers mate 👍😎
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back