Copper vs Silver...MEASURED (surprising)
Mar 26, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #197 of 206
Thus spake StanD... who was previously StanA, StanB and StanC in previous lives!

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #198 of 206
  Thus spake StanD... who was previously StanA, StanB and StanC in previous lives!

I'm looking forward to StanE, I'm from Gallifrey so I keep on ticking and my headphones are bigger on the inside than they are from the outside.

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #199 of 206
I'm intrigued. A lot of websites said there are differences between the 2 cables. Skin effect is one thing that affects the sound. Red plague is the effect that causes the wire to become deteriorate faster (Wiki)

Jun 22, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #200 of 206
A lot of websites said there are differences between the 2 cables.
Yes, because a lot of websites directly make money from saying there’s an audible difference and a lot of other websites indirectly make money from saying there’s an audible difference, in the form of ad revenue. There’s relatively few websites that actually tell the truth, because there’s no money in that.
Skin effect is one thing that affects the sound.
No it doesn’t, or rather, it doesn’t affect sound in the audible range of sound frequencies. Do you have any reliable evidence to the contrary?
Red plague is the effect that causes the wire to become deteriorate faster (Wiki)
What wire? It would affect silver plated copper wire without insulation but there aren’t any audio cables like that.

G

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #201 of 206
Fine, but the closed minded such as yourself should go elsewhere.

se
Why do you sign all your posts with your initials at the end? It says your name right at the top. Are you that in love with yourself?

Jul 6, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #203 of 206
Why do you sign all your posts with your initials at the end? It says your name right at the top.
It's because that is his real name, Harold.

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #204 of 206
Jul 18, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #205 of 206
Yes, because a lot of websites directly make money from saying there’s an audible difference and a lot of other websites indirectly make money from saying there’s an audible difference, in the form of ad revenue. There’s relatively few websites that actually tell the truth, because there’s no money in that.

No it doesn’t, or rather, it doesn’t affect sound in the audible range of sound frequencies. Do you have any reliable evidence to the contrary?

What wire? It would affect silver plated copper wire without insulation but there aren’t any audio cables like that.

G
Welp. Argued on Facebook too. You seem to be right

Jul 18, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #206 of 206
Gregorio knows his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back