Coolest Looking Headphones
Nov 9, 2006 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 137

Noise

New Head-Fier
I am looking for the coolest/slickest looking headphones. I would prefer headphones with see through parts on it, but anything is good as long as it looks amazing. Does anyone have any recommendations?

[edit]: cans with wood on them would also be cool

- noise

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
Stax Omega 2

Seconded. I have a feeling that this person has no idea the cost or what we are about because he is asking for the "coolest" headphone.

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 137
cool.gif
http://www.marcusuniforms.com/produc...ategory_ID=196
cool.gif

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #6 of 137
1. STAX Omega II (If not the best looking headphone, it definetly has the coolest name)
2. Sennheiser HE60 "Baby Orpheus"
3. Sennheiser HE90 "Orpheus"
4. Audio-Technica ATH-L3000G
5. Sony MDR-SA5000/Qualia 010
6. STAX Lambda Series (Honestly, I think they look pretty cool...)

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #9 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon
Those audio technicas with the mirror finish (I forget the model name.).

ES7s! Best looking headphone = Grado HP1000s or Koss ProtaPro. I like the vintage/retro look.

Nov 9, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #11 of 137
JECKLIN FLOATS FTW!!!

In actuality, I'd have to say the AT woody's, Grado HP's, almost all of Larry at Headphile's work, and the Orpheus.

Uncle Erik, I too think the K1000's look really cool. Granted, I probably wouldn't pull what NeilPeart did, but I do think they look and sound amazing.

Aditya

Nov 9, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #12 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
JECKLIN FLOATS FTW!!!

In actuality, I'd have to say the AT woody's, Grado HP's, almost all of Larry at Headphile's work, and the Orpheus.

Uncle Erik, I too think the K1000's look really cool. Granted, I probably wouldn't pull what NeilPeart did, but I do think they look and sound amazing.

Aditya

what exactly did neilpeart do?

Nov 9, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #13 of 137
I must say that the Orpheus is a gorgeous headphone, but the darth beyers can be pretty too.

Nov 9, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #15 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
Seconded. I have a feeling that this person has no idea the cost or what we are about because he is asking for the "coolest" headphone.

1. I said coolest/slickest looking.

2. I really could care less about your "feeling."

3. I have come upon an immortal truth as a DJ. Most headphones give you enough to do your job and have fun, but the looks are very important if you want to actually get a job as a DJ if you don't have much hype around your name.

Your equipment must look great, you can't just sit there doing what you do with minimal movement in your body as your spinning the music, everything adds up. And I am looking for some kiky new cool/slick looking headphones to add a little more edge, because in the club environment its not just music, but also looks.

- noise

[edit]: So far I like the K 701, Koss Porta Pro, and Sony MDR-SA5000 DJ, in that order. Keep the cool looking ones coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back