Coolest Looking Headphones
Nov 11, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #76 of 137
HHF-1-4.jpg

oh damn....sexy....

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #77 of 137
I like most of Larry's work (the Headphile Larry, of course).

As far as "stock" headphones, I agree that the Qualia 010 have an amazing look in terms of fit and finish. (Uhhh, by 'fit' I mean that all of the parts go nicely together, not that the headphones themselves actually fit on human heads!).

I also quite like (and can't get over how cool they look no matter how many times I gaze at them) the AT EW9 earbuds. Woody earbuds? You've gotta be kidding me! Total overkill, but way cool in the looks department.

The custom Beyer DT770, 880, and 990 are awesome looking as well. Can't wait to get my eyes and ears on the "Head-Fi Addiction!" pair of 990s that are awaiting my arrival in Florida.

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #78 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I like most of Larry's work (the Headphile Larry, of course).

As far as "stock" headphones, I agree that the Qualia 010 have an amazing look in terms of fit and finish. (Uhhh, by 'fit' I mean that all of the parts go nicely together, not that the headphones themselves actually fit on human heads!).

I also quite like (and can't get over how cool they look no matter how many times I gaze at them) the AT EW9 earbuds. Woody earbuds? You've gotta be kidding me! Total overkill, but way cool in the looks department.

The custom Beyer DT770, 880, and 990 are awesome looking as well. Can't wait to get my eyes and ears on the "Head-Fi Addiction!" pair of 990s that are awaiting my arrival in Florida.

I agree with Wmcmanus regarding headphones from headphile. Those woodied headphones look very classy. =)

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #81 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by choariwap
are those hp1/hp2s?
eek.gif

I see an HP1, an HP2, and an HP3 in that pic, and would have to try them all before I could let you which one is best! They all look good, IMO.
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #82 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
Ok, since you decided to be an ass about it I will put you in line. You came in here simply asking what the "coolest looking" headphone was. Not once did you say you cared about sound quality or that you are a DJ and that is why you need something that looks good. Because you are a DJ I have a feeling that you are not looking to spend $1,000 on really good sounding headphones that requires an amp to get anything near a good sound, that also looks good but rather are simply looking for something affordable that will meet your needs. So, you could have been more clear in asking your question and did not need to be hostile towards me. So I will simply answer your question,

A good looking headphone which is affordable and does not require amplification is, K81DJ or I would check out some of the sony's or skullcandy headphones because you are going for looks.

Cool Sony's: http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ome&Dept=audio

Skullcandy: http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ome&Dept=audio

Finally, the reason I said that I have a feeling he does not understand what we are about is because this forum focuses on sound quality and performance over looks which means that we are insane and spend over $1,000 on headphones, amps, cables, sources, etc in pursuit of the sound that we desire. Therefore, you did not understand what we are about

Sorry for the rant I just don't like ********.

How can you forget to recommend Bose !!
cool.gif
All the cool cats are doing it

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #83 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I see an HP1, an HP2, and an HP3 in that pic, and would have to try them all before I could let you which one is best! They all look good, IMO.
wink.gif

wow, its hard enough to find one of those things let alone 3!

wonder how the production crew got a hold of them.. 1000+ dollar prop headphones dont exactly make effective use of their budget.

but most importantly, where are those 3 pairs now?
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #86 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
attachment.php

I thought that the MS2i's had silver grills? Are those modded? Or is it just the angle/lighting?

Nov 11, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #87 of 137
If the author of the OP comes back after this thrashing (though I'm loving the photos), I'd recommed a pair of IEMs.

Why?

Apparently, not many other DJs use them and you'd be unique. They'd let you have a wild hair style, too. No headband.

Nov 12, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #90 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
I thought that the MS2i's had silver grills? Are those modded? Or is it just the angle/lighting?

these are the ONLY pair we know of that Grado actually put factory black grilles on. lucky guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back