Coolest Looking Headphones
Nov 9, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #46 of 137
"Headphones fall into the not so cute category and everyone dresses up their laptops and their ipods but the one computer apparatus meant to be physically worn on our head - the headphone - are rarely decorated."

I like, totally agree. Totally.

Nov 9, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #48 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
AKG K-1000. Am I the only one who thinks they look great? There's nothing else like them, period.

They sound pretty good, too.

I think mine look great.

As to the coolest looking headphones, I'd go for the Qualia 010 by far. The HP1000 is also really good looking, as well as that CD3000 in black and zebra that Larry did, and his ebony/burl HD650 woodies. The black Omega II is also gorgeous. As far as less expensive is concerned, I'd go for the Sony MDR-D66SL Eggo, or the Audio Technica ATH-ES7.

Nov 9, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #50 of 137
Some photos about Popular DJ's and their hp's:

Richie Hawtin:
Extrema_015_Richie_Hawtin.jpg

John Acquaviva:
Extrema_046_John_Acquaviva.jpg

Christian Valera:
Extrema_050_Christian_Varela.jpg

Green Velvet:
Extrema_070_Green_Velvet.jpg

Sasha:
DJ%20Sasha.jpg

I doubt theese deejays are famous because of shiny headphones and jackets ;P

Nov 9, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #53 of 137
Some of those headphones look like nothing I've ever seen before! Kinda curious about the purpose of some of those gizmos sticking out everywhere on the headphones.

And I'm a wee bit skeptical of a DJ more concerned about how shiny his headphones are instead of his DJing skills...

Nov 9, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #54 of 137
I don't know....those Sony V6s are so classic and refined....they're "pimpin"!!
eggosmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szabi
I doubt theese deejays are famous because of shiny headphones and jackets ;P

Nov 9, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #55 of 137
Qualia 010-looks like a slice of the audiophilic future that will never be attained and will only appear to the enlightened audiophile when he/she has reached the highest level of understanding, which certainly won't be me. And imilhan wins the thread by a country mile.

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #56 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism
5. Scratching impresses teeny boppers. Mixing impresses audiophiles.

I dunno what DJ's you listen to, but you need to be able to do both.....

Amon Tobin, DJ Shadow, DJ Krush, Coldcut, and most noteably Kid Koala just to name a few....

All the afore mentioned DJ's can outscratch any other DJ's, period. ESPECIALLY DJ Shadow and Kid Koala. But not only can Shadow and Koala scratch, they have the absolute BEST samples and mixing....

But as far as your crap mainstream DJ's like Keoki, etc....yeah, scratching is for teenie boppers....but don't dismiss scratching altoghter.....

Nov 9, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #57 of 137
From another Head-Fi thread ... these diamond-encrusted cans will certainly draw some attention. Just don't leave them laying around when you go to take your ho to the head for a quickie ...

screenhunter001gk1.png

picture1bz2.png

Nov 9, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #58 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noise
1. I said coolest/slickest looking.

2. I really could care less about your "feeling."

3. I have come upon an immortal truth as a DJ. Most headphones give you enough to do your job and have fun, but the looks are very important if you want to actually get a job as a DJ if you don't have much hype around your name.

Your equipment must look great, you can't just sit there doing what you do with minimal movement in your body as your spinning the music, everything adds up. And I am looking for some kiky new cool/slick looking headphones to add a little more edge, because in the club environment its not just music, but also looks.

- noise

[edit]: So far I like the K 701, Koss Porta Pro, and Sony MDR-SA5000 DJ, in that order. Keep the cool looking ones coming!

wow,
a dj huh...great.
Get the v700 and mod it and be done with it, run away from here as fast as your wallet allows.

This or the Senn 25i make good cans for spinning too..
(I used to be a dj, but cared too much for my hearing as an audiophile..the 700's, although design flawed, make great cans for mixing..not the best, but among the easiest to find a low price point.)

The only thing that needs to look cool when you are a dj is the crowds energy, control and manipulate that, and it won't matter if you are wearing clams on your head connected to computer..you will look cool

Matching beats and keeping momentum in line with rhythms is the one trait peops couldn't master in the 90's and something I still sense amiss in the sets and 1200's people spin today..

good luck, if you have a mix tap pm me..I have about a billion myself, and would trade or be interesting in hearing your disc..
thanks

edit: start spinning speed garage and/or goa trance with ill records from overseas..not recycled vinyl from the states...and the nods will come..

Nov 9, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #59 of 137
Audioflier,

Don't know if we should get serious here and talk about the best quality phone for mixing (ie being a real professional vs bling artist). I notice Szabi's pics have two DJs with the Sony V6.....how is the sound compared to the Sony v700 DJ? *bling* aside
icon10.gif

Nov 9, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #60 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn
I dunno what DJ's you listen to, but you need to be able to do both.....

Amon Tobin, DJ Shadow, DJ Krush, Coldcut, and most noteably Kid Koala just to name a few....

All the afore mentioned DJ's can outscratch any other DJ's, period. ESPECIALLY DJ Shadow and Kid Koala. But not only can Shadow and Koala scratch, they have the absolute BEST samples and mixing....

But as far as your crap mainstream DJ's like Keoki, etc....yeah, scratching is for teenie boppers....but don't dismiss scratching altoghter.....

Dude, you forgot Q-bert and the Invsibl Skratch Piklz!

I also sharted at the good man Duggeh's phonodome. I've seen it posted like 5 times already, and I seem to laugh harder and longer every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back