Cool Songs That Commercials Made Popular
Mar 31, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #64 of 71
Strange and beautiful - Aqualung from an old VW Advert

Basically anything that Levi touch make it Big ! we have had Mr Oizo and Babylon Zoo but the have been loads

The jeans company brought back old classics including Ben E King's Stand By Me, Wonderful World by Sam Cooke and When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge. Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash
New songs included Boombastic by Shaggy and Turn On, Tune In, Cop Out by Freakpower. Inside by Stiltskin. The Bran Van 2000 or waht ever wasnt bad, they seem to get it right

Good thread I might have to dust of some old CD's and have a listen
580smile.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #65 of 71
J. Ralph - One Million Miles Away
VW commercial where the guy is trying to get to the church to stop a wedding. This is an awesome song.

Bent - Invisible Pedestrian
VW bus commercial

Apr 8, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #67 of 71
Apr 8, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #68 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
I've skimmed through the thread, but I haven't seen mention of Hooverphonic yet -- they've probably gotten half their album sales frrom people picking up on them after their songs were used in commercials.

Yeah, that's the same with Moby's "Play" album. It was/is the most licensed album ever and pretty much every track made its way onto a movie or commercial. His music was hard to categorize and play on the radio so the commercial avenue gave him the exposure to make this album a huge success.

Apr 8, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #69 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind
Sarah Khider - Mermaid Song

From the Chivas Regal whisky commerical with the dudes ice fishing.....guess they wont run out of ice for their whisky
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking for the song in the "Andalucia loves you" tourism advert on CNN...anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Well, that song is from an artist called "Chambao", whom produces a mix of flamenco and chill out.

Hope this helps.

Apr 10, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #71 of 71
Seems to me that Apple put Jet on the map with their Ipod commercials, that was a very well made, very cool commercial that made "are you gonna be my girl" hugely popular...
Slade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back