Cool Songs That Commercials Made Popular
Mar 6, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #16 of 71
LOL:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...=Google+Search

biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #17 of 71
One of the first ones that I can think of is a song that holds the record for fastest selling single in UK history (excluding that Elton John travesty, Candle In The Wind) on the back of it's use in a Levi's ad. You probably remember the commercial - it was set on the moon, to the tune of "Spaceman" by Babylon Zoo (surely one of the THE one-hit-wonders of our time). The irony of it all is that Spaceman is a particularly paranoid and claustrophobic song, with the repeating phrase "I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off the carousel, I can't get off this world". They're singing about escaping the rat race - I don't think a Levi's commercial was what they had in mind. The wad of cash must have looked nice though.

280smile.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #20 of 71
Thanks for the link Nastro!

Mar 8, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #22 of 71
Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You

Vodafone Commerciall

Oooh oooh oooh oooh
Great catchy song

Mar 8, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #23 of 71
Stereolab - "Cybele's Reverie" was in a Volkswagen ad.
Flaming Lips - "Do You Realize" was in a Mitsubishi ad... which was kind of funny, because it's a fatalistic song, but the ad misconstrued it as an upbeat tune with an optimistic message.

Mar 8, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #24 of 71
Trio - Da Da Da
Mr. Scruff - Get A Move On
Carl Orff - O Fortuna
Karl Jenkins - Palladio Allegretto
Das Palast Orchester - Sex Bomb
Boccherini - String Quartet in E - Menuet
Delibes - Lakme (Flower Duet)

Mar 9, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #26 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandoj
That was that mountian dew commercial with "crawling in the dark" song by hoobastank. I had never heard of them before I saw that commerical.

was gonna say the same thing....

that was a freakin awsome commercial too, and they used to be really cool, untill the reason.

Mar 10, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #27 of 71
One of the new Hardee's commercials with Foghat's "Slow Ride" comes to my mind.

Mar 10, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #28 of 71
Spy (J. Ralph) - One Million Miles Away

From a Volkswagen commercial where a guy races to church to stop a wedding.

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #29 of 71
I've been enjoying some of the songs that have been posted in this thread and just now, I saw a Pontiac commercial on TV with a song that really caught my attention...went to their web site and they have the ad on their home page with the artist: M83 - Don't Save Us From the Flames

Other tracks from the album Before the Dawn Heals Us look promising too. Shocking that I've probably found more new (to me) artists this year from TV commercials than the radio.

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #30 of 71
Car commercials have had a lot of good music in them!

Like...

Seventeen Year by Ratatat in a Hummer H2 commercial.
We've Been Had by The Walkmen in a BMW commercial, I think...

And another song from a Sticky Film Polariod commercial that I remember specifically searching everywhere for; Grow Up And Blow Away by Metric.

<3 The Walkmen and Metric.

I also heard a recent commercial with what I think sounds a lot like The Unicorns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back