Continuance of group-buy of TAKE T H2XLR&TR2XLR
Sep 23, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #91 of 195
I'd get the H2 first while the group-buy is still on and worry about amping it later. The $1000 discount is worth the wait.

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #92 of 195
I agree, but I've already ordered the parts for the amp. Even if I could return them, I wouldn't have time before the 26th to sell off the gear I would need to in order to buy. I really want the H2, but I don't think it's in the cards ;(

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #94 of 195
I certainly hope so
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #95 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, plenty of power there. According to the manual it also has an LED which lights up when total distortion is above 1%? That seems like a nice feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would have more than enough power, as long as it sounds good because they are so revealing of the sound of your system. I'd go for it.

Without a source that has it's own volume control (like the Wadia), I still need a pre-amp to hook to the amp, to offer access to anything, let alone a CDP and TT.
So now, the amp and the preamp can be the weaker links in obtaining the best that the TakeT can provide.
Not sure why the TR2 wasn't derived with a power supply that would adequately power the H2's without the need for a separate amp/preamp.

And yet, I am drawn to these like a moth to the flame.

Sep 24, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #97 of 195
Well I asked Mr. Takei about the amp which he had suggested to me was was coming to drive these.

I hope it's ok with him if I copy his reply here. Make of it what you will but it seems to me that some more info will be available in a matter of weeks:

Quote:

Hello dear Mr.Steve,

Thank you for information about a recent your appearance.
My acquaintance's another company is planning the vacuum tube amplifier where H2 can be driven.
It is the preamp H2 exclusive use terminal attached to it and they schedules the sale in this October.
I do not understand it's details because he has not announced yet.
When he announces to public about the product,I reports you on details.

Thank you and best regards,
Takei

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #98 of 195
Count me in! I just sent my order. I hope there isn't much of a wait time on these!

Also, that amp sounds really cool. I'm planning to order a Sonic Impact Super T amp for the H2, but maybe I will wait and get the dedicated amp. I have no experience with this sort of thing, but it makes sense to me that eliminating the transformer from the chain would make for better sound.

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #99 of 195
Takei said my Dared MP-5 will be quite adequate to drive the H2's which, if it is accurate, would pull double duty as an amp amd a pre. Right now, it's just gathering dust.

Sep 25, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #100 of 195
Dear group-by mennbers,

The TRS model's sales and production were ended.
Moreover, the first production lot of the XLR model was sold all.
Thank you to head-fi members who interested in our productions.
The group-buy continues though the next run of production will be shipped in after 20 or 30 days.
I think the panel of this group-buy to be closed on the number in the back day, so E-mail the report directly to the following mail address, please.

And I must reply jcx san.
1. sencitivilty of H2 ; 96dB/100Vp-p
2. H2 circuit; vibration board is composition of three ways.
The electric capacity of every composition are (50nF+8.6kohms+
thermal protector) +(5nF+4.3kohms)+(2nF+20kohms), which are
connected in parallel. Resistance and the thermal protector are the series
connections.
3. The electric strength of the vibration piezo film is 1kV.
4. The electric circuit of TR2 is appended with the explanation.
However, I don't understand whether to attach it well.
Please inquire directly if you do not open it.
5. And about amplifier; My acquaintance's another company is scheduling
sales to a preamplifier in October . It is the preamp for speakers and H2
exclusive use terminal attached to the preamp. Sales to foreign countries
seem to be considerably difficult because a Japanese specification.
Please inquire of the following mail address when you want to know the
preamp in detail. He,Mr.BaBa understands English.
You can here how he is thinking about sales to foreign countries.
mailto:baba@byon.co.jp

Thanks and Best Regards,
Takei

Sep 25, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #101 of 195
Okay, I just sent my email. Looks like I will have to wait a month, but from agile_one's early reports, as well as everything else I've been reading, it will be worth it.

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #102 of 195
I'm not sure what to say about this thread. Hmmmm... well, here's one quote that comes to mind:

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

And then there's a song, good ole Neil:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/neily...amagedone.html

Order placed. What more can I say?
cool.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #103 of 195
Guys, help me out. I can't get in touch with TakeT. I've heard nothing since my original email, which went out basically as soon as the thread was posted, and I've heard nothing from my follow-up email. Now the deadline is getting close, people are getting theirs left and right, and I seem to have been completely left out. I never got any payment information sent or any confirmation that I've been heard at all.

I will be seriously pissed off if I don't get in on this because of an oversight.

Is there any way I can get in touch? Mr Takei, if you're reading this, please check for an order from borisvasilev (at) yahoo.com!

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #104 of 195
I have had correspondence with Takei everyday for the last 2 weeks.

Are you PM'ing him or e-mailing him?

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #105 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suspect that any very good K1000 amp would do a very good job with the TR-2/H2 as well.

Does anyone think a RKV Audiovalve, which has enough balls to drive the 1000's, be good enough for the H2.

Also, anyone talking about the FirstWatt, don't you still need a preamp?

Last question, has anyone taken into consideration what kind of speaker wire that they are going to use. Would a standard clean 18 gauge do the trick?

Second to last question, If I were to use a high current Adcom GFA545 100 wpc amp, why would I still need the TR2?

TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back