Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2008 Coverage (Other Head-Fi'ers, please feel free to post your impressions in here, too.)
Jan 7, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #16 of 76
Maybe they are saving the big announcement for CanJam '08. Hey, I can hope.
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #17 of 76
This has no reflection on Jude's part. You have done a yoeman's job to present us a release of a major manufacturer. Thank you.

The manufacturer led us all to believe a major announcement was in order. I suppose the ipod crowd will be happy the IEM market has another choice. Good for you.

What a letdown Sennheiser. I guess we were all daydreaming a little too high in the clouds. Affordable stats......Ugh!

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #18 of 76
Thanks for the info Jude.
Quick question. Do either of the IEM's from sennheiser sound like their HD650? I, as well as many others, are still waiting for a mid priced IEM to sound like the HD650.
~Thanks

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #19 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The manufacturer led us all to believe a major announcement was in order.

At least Jude seem to think of the wireless as a major announcement. But I agree on the feeling of being let down, or fooled into believing real great news to come. Sennheiser can't be 100% informed of what most of the headfiers long for....

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #20 of 76
Thanks a lot, Jude, for this excellent review! So the wait is over, for now. Hence the start of another long wait (for the new flagship). Or am I a bit interested in the IE 7? (But only if it can touch the ER-4.)

Jan 7, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #21 of 76
If Only , there is a HD650 Upgrade...... it will be very Pricey. and very niche. Only for us Head-Fi-ers.....with good Amps and good ears.

Launch it at the CanJam 08!!!!

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #23 of 76
Thanks Jude! This news certainly sounds good for Sennheiser, mixed for Head-fi. As long as the company casts wide their product to the available market, they will be warmly greeted by this wireless, bluetooth-accessorized era.

For those of us awaiting a new flagship, I guess this leaves us that much more time to enjoy exploring other models--and apologizing to our wallets.

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #24 of 76
As interesting as these IEM's sound, I doubt there is any way to hide the collective disappointment lingering in the Head-Fi community right now. I mean, I wasn't particularly interested in purchasing a new set of headphones from Sennheiser, regardless of type, size, or sound, but I can't help feeling slightly discontented knowing that my anticipation of an HD650 successor (despite the understood likelihood of a non audiophile release) was, bluntly put, wasted.

With that said, however, I must commend Jude for an excellent writeup and a clear devotion to informing his peers in a timely manner; such an endeavor would be quite simply impossible for me to undertake. I look forward to future reviews of these IEMs by other Head-Fi'ers as well and, who knows, I might just end up purchasing a pair if the time and price are right.

-Nick

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #26 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by IvanBarista /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Only , there is a HD650 Upgrade...... it will be very Pricey. and very niche. Only for us Head-Fi-ers.....with good Amps and good ears.

Launch it at the CanJam 08!!!!

It's not so much niche, if it's an upgrade to 650, cause then it will not be much more expensive than 650 after a while. I guess that there is a lot of hifi interested people in general everywhere that just want to complete there hifi-rigs with a nice headphone and HD650 isn't very expensive for hifi people certanly not if the successor are going to be easy to drive like beyers 32oms, Denon Dx000 and Grados.

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #27 of 76
Thanks for the great review Jude.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any more info on the other big surprise item? or was it the Wadia iTransport iPod Dock

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll try to visit with our other Sponsors, too, at least one of whom I know is going to be announcing a product our community will no doubt find significant.

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #28 of 76
Most disappointing that the nexgen flagship headphones weren't released at CES 2008 - more disturbing is that they may choose to wait until CES 2009 for such an event?

Does Senn have a history of non-CES product releases?

mad.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #29 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by blem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone considered that Sennheiser could have failed to improve on the HD650 ? I would not be suprised !

All you need to do for that is to tune the HD650 to have the same tonal balance as the HD600.

I seriously doubt that a company like Sennheiser doesn't have the expertise to improve on their current model. I just think that as long there isn't a demand for a new flagship headphone (and head-fi doesn't count), Sennheiser won't do anything. They're a market driven company. Just look at Stax. Their party line seems to be, "If it sells, don't fix it" despite a product range that very, very seriously needs fixing.

Jan 8, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #30 of 76
While this is certainly a discerning crowd, I've been aware of the Kleer product for quite some time, and now that the technology has a backer and distributor like Sennheiser, that is a Good Thing.

While I am new to this forum, I believe we can assume if Jude was impressed, this is a very good product indeed. We'll see how long that MSRP lasts in the cold cruel world of retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back