Considering Purchasing The LCD-2
Jan 2, 2012 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WSH33

New Head-Fier

I have recently purchased the Cambridge Audio DacMagic and will probably soon buy a pair of LCD-2 and a Woo Audio WA22. This is going to be a huge upgrade from my current setup which is a pair of Denon AH-D5000 that ive been using directly from an iPod Touch.

My question is will there be a very large increase in sound quality? This is a lot of money and it would suck if i ended up regretting it. I love the way the AH-D5000 sound except that it has a bit to much bass. If you need to know I listen to rock and it is all in FLAC.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:

I have recently purchased the Cambridge Audio DacMagic and will probably soon buy a pair of LCD-2 and a Woo Audio WA22. This is going to be a huge upgrade from my current setup which is a pair of Denon AH-D5000 that ive been using directly from an iPod Touch.

My question is will there be a very large increase in sound quality? This is a lot of money and it would suck if i ended up regretting it. I love the way the AH-D5000 sound except that it has a bit to much bass. If you need to know I listen to rock and it is all in FLAC.

Assume you will also be buying a balanced LCD2 cable for the WA22 since the amp's forte is it's balanced
 operation?

Good XLR cables pay dividends between the DacMagic and WA22 too.

Should be a better rock headphone overall for sure. Especially since the D5000 while being easy to drive
 would of been no earth shattering audio experience from an iTouch.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 6
Well, what's considered a "very large increase" will be different from person to person. Also, whether or not the upgrade is "worth it" is a very personal question that only you can answer. Considering that you're dropping $3.5K on a full-setup, likely you won't see 7x the performance that the D5000 gave you. But will it be noticeably better? Most probably.

A quick search brought this LCD-2 vs. D7000 comparison thread that you may want to take a look at: http://www.head-fi.org/t/547538/audeze-lcd-2-vs-denon-d7000

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 6
Well, what is nice about the LCD-2 is not only are they a sexy pair AND American made...but the resale value is probably the highest of any phone right now if you dont like them....I LOVE MINE

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:

The difference between your current setup and the one you've proposed (must use balanced cables from your DacMagic / WA22 to get the most benefit from the amp) would be:

H-U-G-E!!!

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back