Connecticut Area Mini-Meet Interest Check
Feb 10, 2003 at 5:31 AM Post #31 of 47
So I wanted to do a summary of who is comming and what equipment we will have. The meet is at Lextek's house in Kensington, CT, on Sunday Feb 23rd.

If you can't bring something I mentioned, or can bring something I didn't post, please let me know or respond to this thread. It'll be good to see you all!

HEADPHONES

- HD 600's w/Cardas (Lextek)
- HD 580's w/Clou Blue (Grancasa, jamont)
- HD 590's (Darkwolf)
- HD 280's (jamont)
- Grado RS2's (Lextek)
- Grado SR 80's (jamont)
- Grado SR 60's (Lextek)
- Ety ER4p/s (Lextek and Grancasa)
- Sony V-6 (jamont) MAYBE
- Philips HP890 (jamont)
- MX500, KC-35, Porta Pro

AMPS

- Melos (Lextek, dvr)
- Corda HA-1 (Darkwolf)
- MG Head OTL w/ multiple tubes (Grancasa)
- Multiple META42's (Lextek, Grancasa, others)
- Millett hybrid amp (jamont)
- Little w/Reference upgrade (Grancasa)
- Apheared 47 (jamont)

SOURCES

- Cambridge Audio D500SE (lextek)
- Sony DVP-NS500v (Grancasa)
possible sources
- TerraTec Sound Card (DarkWolf)
- Marantz 6000OSE (dvr)
- CIAudio DAC (dvr)

PORTABLE SOURCES

- CT 570 (lextek)
- Sony 915 (Grancasa)
- Sony D-T24 (Grancasa)
- iPod (lextek)

CABLES
- Outlaw, audioquest, kimber, homegrown mini-mini

Feb 10, 2003 at 11:02 AM Post #32 of 47
Want time you want to start this? How does 1:00 sound? Let me know about any special requests for food or beverages. I'm looking forward to it.

Feb 10, 2003 at 7:22 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Let me know about any special requests for food or beverages

I hope you have a "clean room" set aside for the equipment & listening - no sticky fingers!!

I'm bummed that I will miss this one. Dang this whole "work" thing
mad.gif

Feb 10, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #34 of 47
I mounted a cupholder on the side of my Melos. Best tweak so far. Maybe we'll fire up the grill for some burgers, dogs and wings. Plenty of napkins. Of course rootbeers and othe beers.....
cool.gif

Feb 11, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #36 of 47
Wild Oats sells take out sushi. Fuji's. That might be the place in West Hartford you tried. There are a few others.

Feb 11, 2003 at 4:58 PM Post #37 of 47
It's a good idea to check who's bringing what. I'm planning to bring:

headphones - HD280, SR80, HD580 and Philips HP890 (I like these with the Millett amp)

amps - Millett hybrid, Apheared 47, MG Head DT (hoping to try some of grancasa's tubes
smily_headphones1.gif

The earpads on my V6's are falling apart, so I wasn't planning to bring them, but I could on request.

1:00 sounds good, looking forward to it!

Feb 12, 2003 at 3:31 AM Post #38 of 47
I'm interested in going to the meet. However, I don't have transportation. I'm going to check around and see if I can find a ride. Stuff I'm able to bring:

Corda HA-2 (new, will hopefully burn-in by then), m-audio sonica + dell laptop, sony d-120 pcdp. Senn HD580, stock. I may get a better mini-to-rca by the meet. I can also bring a porta corda I w/ radio shack wallwart.

Walther

Feb 18, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #41 of 47
If you can find a ride wChen, I'd really like to hear your HA-2 next to my HA-1. I'd offer you a ride my self, but it's farther to Boston for me than it is to Kensington..

Sorry to hear it DVR. Maybe next time.

And are we final for 1:00 on the 23rd?

Feb 19, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #43 of 47
Is there anybody going to this meet from the Boston area? It seems as though everybody attending is from close to connecticut, so my chances of finding a ride are pretty small. If I've overlooked anybody, please let me know so that I could try to arrange a ride. Otherwise, I'm going to have to pass on this meet. Next time, I guess, or at the next Boston meet.

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #44 of 47
Hello All,

I live in Stamford CT and tommorrow i will be receiving my first real set of cans. Before that i was only using IEM's because i lived in NYC. Am actually an A/V integrator so have been in the industry for awhile. I got a pair of AKG K701's even though i ordered a pair of AKG K601's as i was looking for something alittle more musical then the 701's. The company i ordered from didnt have 601's and is letting me try the 701's till they come in. Enough of my babble

I can bring

Firestone Fubar 2 DAC / Supplier Upgrade
Firestone Cute Beyond / Supplier Upgrade

Shure E2C
Shure E3C
Shure E4C

AKG K701

If anyone is interested in power cables i have a bunch of Audio Quest power cables that in have gotten from various jobs(left overs) and Also i can bring some Stuff to make Audio Quest inter connects for people that need that done. Let me know

May 6, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #45 of 47
Any more interests in a local meet?  I'm interested in attending a few.  I'm just getting into Headphones.  I only have a modded Grado SR-80i at the moment, but have a pair of Sennheiser HD428S coming in that I'll be doing a re-cable video tutorial on, and I'm looking to purchase a set of closed cans as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back