Connecticut Area Mini-Meet Interest Check
Jan 19, 2003 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
OK. Who would be interested in a mini-meet at my house in Kensington, CT? We had two mini's already and had a great time. It would probably be a Sunday. Or If everybody would rather do a Saturday, I couldn't until Feb 15th. Some of the goodies on the list are META, MG Head, MELOS, Corda HA1, HD600/Cardas, HD590, RS2, SR60, HD580/Clou, Ety's and iPod. We always have some good rootbeers and some good beers too.

Jan 19, 2003 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 47
I'm in. I've got the week after next off, so I'll get to spend a good while with the 590s before there is any action. My 590s are due thursday the 23rd, but they could come sooner or later. That's just the two week mark. The HA-1 is here and happy though. I had hoped for a meet a little sooner, but sunday is not my prefered day, since it's a long drive home for me and I work monday like everyone else. To be honest, waiting untill the 15th isn't as bad as it sounds. It might give me enough time to build some cables. I'm going to make some ICs first, and then I might go for a set of power cords. I can't start yet though, I haven't got the spare cash for tools and supplies untill I've taken care of a few expensces first. (No, that doesn't mean there will be A1000's at the meet, unless some else brings them, which would be uber.) I'll also be thinking about making a new cable for the 590s once I'm under way. I don't have a time frame for this stuff yet.

Anyway, the last meet was great, and the next meet is going to have a lot more cool equipment and root beer from the looks of things. If anyone near Amherst (Western Mass) needs a ride, let me know.

Oh ya, and since I've met and trust Lextek and Grancasa now, I'll bring my computer this time. That means we get to laugh at my 9 or so gigs of MP3, but more importantly, we get to hear my DMX 6-Fire (high end sound card) side by side with some pretty decent (and much more expensive) dedicated CD players. I'm looking forward to it, as is Lextek.

So let's get some more people in on this! And I call dibs on one of the comphy seats.
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
(Lex has a great room for this stuff btw.)

Jan 19, 2003 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 47
I should be able to make this one. Later weekends in Feb work for me. Saturday's or Sunday's are ok with some notice.

Hopefully I will have my new amp to share by then (supposed to ship next week). Otherwise I have my Boostaroo
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2003 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg

Hopefully I will have my new amp to share by then (supposed to ship next week). Otherwise I have my Boostaroo
tongue.gif

Bring the Boostaroo. What amp are you getting?

Jan 19, 2003 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 47
Quote:

Bring the Boostaroo. What amp are you getting?

Sure thing. I really am using it with my Ety's and PCDP for portable use. I have a DAC1 on pre-order from Benchmark. Itshould ship by next week according to Dave in their sales department.

Will anyone have an ART DI/O to compare?

Jan 19, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 47
I'm interested! Most weekends in February are good me.

I can bring a Melos SHA-1, which isn't too exciting since Lextex already has one, but maybe I have different tubes. I'll also bring some root beer.

Jan 22, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #10 of 47
You guys want to shoot for Sunday Feb. 15th? Maybe someone could pick up a pair of Sony CD3K's by then. That would be fun HD600 vs. RS2 vs. CD3k. Let me know.

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #11 of 47
Sunday the 15th should be ok for me. Earlier the better.

I picked up my DAC1 from UPS on my way to work, so that is on the equipment list, unless it is really crappy and I have to send it back
eek.gif

I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight after I get home (working late unfortunately
frown.gif
).

Jan 26, 2003 at 6:11 PM Post #12 of 47
I feel kind selfish saying this, but the 15th is turning into a bit of a hot spot for me. Would people be up for doing it the next weekend after that?

I went to a Rally X yesterday (talked grandma into letting me take the WRX) and it was SOOO COOL!!! There is another one like it on the 15th that my friend and I want to go to. We will bring a different car and enter, if we go. Obviously, I had big personal plans for the next meet, and the choice between this meet and this Rally X is a personal/moral/life changing decision that I don't really want to have to make. My preference would be do do it any weekend later than the 15th.

If this causes a problem for anyone else, then I guess I'll just deal somehow. But if we can push it back a week I would be extremely happy. Sorry for the trouble everyone.

Jan 26, 2003 at 10:33 PM Post #13 of 47
If you guys want to do it on the following weekend taht's fine with me let me. need some who is really, coming. I don't the we want to do it on the 14th wifes/girlfriends might get pissed. PM or email me. I am at peace with my set up. Melos with Cardas power cable, Sylvania JAn tubes, Audioquest IC's, Cambridge D500SE, HD600/Cardas and a Monster HTS-400. It just does nothing wrong. It just all clicked. Finally. Who wants some RS-2's?

Jan 27, 2003 at 1:51 PM Post #14 of 47
High end Grados? Booh Ya! I want to hear them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back