Confusion about Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro *please help*
May 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

pimpl

New Head-Fier
I'm interested in that particular IME, but I am a little bit confused:
Some shops offer UE Triple.fi 10 (without the PRO), others are offering Ultimate Ears’ Triple.fi 10 Pro.

So, are there two models? What's the difference?

Also, there seem to be two different packages:
1. blue and white:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Ultimate-Ears-Triple-Fi-10-Pro-TOP-Zustand-OVP-/140541921766?pt=Kopfhörer&hash=item20b8f389e6#ht_1438wt_1139

2. black:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Ears-triple-fi-10-pro-Headphones-No-Reserve-/250812620326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6598de26#ht_725wt_1139

What's the difference? Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

May 5, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 17
Basically? Packaging. To the best of my knowledge, UE has only ever sold two versions of the Triple.fi 10: The bog-standard model and the 10vi, which had a mic for iPhones. They no longer sell the 10vi, however. You can find out more info here:
http://ultimateears.com/en-us/products/triplefi-10

May 5, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 17
The black one is eco-friendly packaging. I would assume they are newer than the blue/white packaging. But they are essentially the same items.

May 6, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:
I'm interested in that particular IME, but I am a little bit confused:
Some shops offer UE Triple.fi 10 (without the PRO), others are offering Ultimate Ears’ Triple.fi 10 Pro.

So, are there two models? What's the difference?

This don't seem to be answered yet, I'm also curious to know.

In Amazon the "pro" version is more expensive (what's the difference???).

May 6, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #6 of 17
This don't seem to be answered yet, I'm also curious to know.

In Amazon the "pro" version is more expensive (what's the difference???).

In amazon people will overprice an item on the logic that someone will buy without doing much investigating. The Triple.Fi 10 Pro used to be the full name of the product but Logitech removed the "Pro" to emphasise that it wasn't part of their custom line. If someone is listing it as Pro on amazon and charging more, they're either selling old stock under false pretense that it's "better" or they haven't updated their listing.

May 6, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 17
It is originally called the 'Pro' as every other UE models had been called. After Logitech took over UE a few year ago, they decided a shorter name is just easier to spell so they hacked the 'Pro' off, half the warranty and change the outer packaging a little bit. Pretty much just for marketing.

May 6, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
This forum is awesome! Thank you for the detailed information!
Btw., what's a "good" price to pay for that pair of IEM??

Between $150 and $1,500. Though, if you're not going custom, $200-$350 is the sweet-spot. You can get some UE Trip.fi 10's or some of the better Shure headphones in that range. That being said, my policy is you spend what you can afford. If you have $500 to spend on headphones and a rig that can get the most out of them then that's what you do.

Quote:
As its been said many times, welcome to head-fi.org!  We're sorry about your wallet. =D

Hahahahah! So true! When my parents bought their first sailboat a friend of the family (who also had one) said to my dad, "Congratulations! You now have a bottomless pit to throw you're money into!"

May 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
As its been said many times, welcome to head-fi.org!  We're sorry about your wallet. =D

Hehe.. now I get it! :wink:
But 150$ would be great.. unfortunatelly I live in germany - cheapest price i about 239€! Damn!!!
What do you think about an e-bay US-import? Costs about 230$ including shipping.. Does anyone know a better alternative and is willing to share with me? :)
Anyway, thanks for all the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back