Confused by different versions Beyerdynamic
Jun 27, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
I bought a pair of Beyerdynamic dt770 32 ohm a few months ago. Here in Norway all the webshops sell all the different versions on the dt 770 as "pro"-versions. At least thats what they call them..

My dt770's look like the pro version, and they came in a box which was originally for the 80-ohm pro version, but Beyerdynamic had put a sticker on the box saying "770 pro 32-ohm". So what is it really that I have? I would guess its the premium 32-ohm in the old design (which I way prefer over the new to be honest..), and beyerdynamic just called them "pro" back then? Does anybody know? 

I asked Beyerdynamic about the "Norwegian" 32 ohm pro versjon.
The answer:

Quote:
[size=10pt]Dear Mr.,

Thank you for your E-Mail.

There is indeed a 32 ohms version of the DT 770 PRO. It’s not listed on either the internet site or pricelist, only available on special request.

I hope this helps you.

Many regards,[/size]

[size=medium][size=11pt]Peter Grooff
Product Manager Headzone® / Headphones / Headsets / OEM ProAudio
Social Networking  [/size][/size]

[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=medium][size=11pt]beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG[/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=9pt]Theresienstr. 8
74072 Heilbronn - Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 7131 / 617 - 156
Fax:    +49 (0) 7131 / 617 - 299
Mobile: +49 (0) 175 / 2 60 66 87
E-mail: grooff@beyerdynamic.de 
Internet: www.beyerdynamic.com[/size][/size]

The premium/consumer edition looks like this:

Jun 28, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #18 of 19
Thanks.

Now the other problem is that the headphones i originally wanted (Ultrasone HFI 580), are way cheaper on amazon.com, i live in france so i have a friend of mine shipping it to me. Even after paying the UPS fees it is still way cheaper!

Anyways, the problem is i wont be able to return them, so i guess i need to go for a pair of DT-770 (Bass) because the rest is over my price limit. (or AudioTechnica Pro700 MK2 if i can find one in France Anything to say about those? Amazon France Link)

Will a Cmoy amp do the Trick to power the DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm?

Coiled cable or not what is the difference (old vs New?)

Thanks again.

Quote:
[size=medium]
I'll say this, if you cannot decide, buy a set, any of them, from Amazon. Make sure you get it from Amazon and not a store that is just listed on Amazon (like Music123 or something). Make sure it's absolutely from Amazon. The reason is the return policy. Amazon will take back the headphones for a full refund, no questions asked essentially, and their RMA policy/procedure is automated online, you click a button, print it, ship it to them, and they give you your money back (and even give some shipping money back too). Test out any headphones you want. Don't like them, or just want to try something else, send 'em back. You got a month basically to try it out and send it back. I did it with quite a few headphones. Someone some where else ends up buying them open-box for cheaper and enjoys them. So win-win.
[/size]

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
Thanks.

Now the other problem is that the headphones i originally wanted (Ultrasone HFI 580), are way cheaper on amazon.com, i live in france so i have a friend of mine shipping it to me. Even after paying the UPS fees it is still way cheaper!

Anyways, the problem is i wont be able to return them, so i guess i need to go for a pair of DT-770 (Bass) because the rest is over my price limit. (or AudioTechnica Pro700 MK2 if i can find one in France Anything to say about those? Amazon France Link)

Will a Cmoy amp do the Trick to power the DT-770 Pro 250 Ohm?

Coiled cable or not what is the difference (old vs New?)

Thanks again.

The types of bass each one of them has is pretty different. The DT770 is slow and boomy; the HFI-580 is tight and punchy while the Pro700 MK2 is somewhere in between.

For more info on the Pro700 vs the HFI-580, review is in my sig. Hope you choose the right headphone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back