Confused by different versions Beyerdynamic
Jun 21, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 19
Maybe this helps:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 19
Wait... I know it's here somewhere...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

Try the search bar next time, just sayin'.

EDIT: guy up there beat me to it...

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 19
Been all over this review, and im planing to buy from amazon (Cheapest i found) and there is no difference in the description. Only difference is the image wich is so primitive (Ho look it looks different)

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
Been all over this review, and im planing to buy from amazon (Cheapest i found) and there is no difference in the description. Only difference is the image wich is so primitive (Ho look it looks different)

Heya,

Do you have an amplifier or not? That pretty much will help determine which headset you'll want.

The DT770 Pro will have more bass. It's the bassiest of them all in the line. Doesn't need a big amp, but benefits from one (portable amps work fine on it). It's only 80ohms.

The DT990 is open-air and still has great bass. But the best one is 600ohm bass-wise, which means, need an amp.

So again, you're looking at a closed set (DT770 Pro) and an open set (DT990). One is 80ohms and one is up to 600ohms. That means amplifier need. So quite a different set of headphones.

That said, I have the DT770 Pro 80's as my portable headphone. The bass is awesome. Very tight, very rich. The treble can be very bright, the mids are a bit recessed. The bass is however very powerful.

If you're really looking for a basshead can, have you considered UltraSone 900 Pro? AudioTechnica Pro700 MK2? I love my Beyers for bass, but not everyone does, so there's two other very big hitters (one in the same price range as beyer, one in the next tier of price range).

Very best,

Jun 24, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 19
The DT 880 PRO is designed for use in studio and on stage for professional use. It's headband has a more rugged construction (thicker material) and gives a more secure fit for the listener in comparison to the DT 880 Edition. This provides a better fit and causes also a more powerful compressed sound which is necessary for professional applications in studio, OB and FOH. The DT 880 Edition therefore is designed for easy listening. The headband provides a long wearing comfort for hours, causing the DT 880 Edition to have a more transparent and open sound in comparison to the DT 880 PRO.
The differences of both headphones are not huge in mechanical design, but only that small change causes a big difference in sound and application.
The following headphones:
DT 990 PRO - DT 990
DT 770 PRO - DT 770
have a very similar difference.
I was trying to find out about this my self i want get the dt 990 edition am coming from senn hd 25

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #9 of 19

First of all thanks everybody.
Quote:
If you're really looking for a basshead can, have you considered UltraSone 900 Pro?AudioTechnica Pro700 MK2
ir
? I love my Beyers for bass, but not everyone does, so there's two other very big hitters (one in the same price range as beyer, one in the next tier of price range).

Well i have been looking at the ultrasone HFI-580 that are well known for the bass they  produce. any comments on those?

Also i like the design very much.

Jun 26, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
First of all thanks everybody.
Well i have been looking at the ultrasone HFI-580 that are well known for the bass they  produce. any comments on those?

Also i like the design very much.

Pretty bassy, but they can be beat in terms of bass quantity. They have great impact but you may desire a bit more. Buy whichever pair you feel is best, and just make sure the site you buy from has a good return policy.

Jun 27, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
If you're really looking for a basshead can, have you considered UltraSone 900 Pro? AudioTechnica Pro700 MK2? I love my Beyers for bass, but not everyone does, so there's two other very big hitters (one in the same price range as beyer, one in the next tier of price range).

[size=medium]
Cant really decide if i want to go for a higher tier yet though, but people seem to like the Denon AH-2000. Any tougts on those? Not that im crossing out the options you mentioned but it seems that the Denons are well received here at head-fi + the UltraSone 900 looks kind of cheap quality can you comment on that? (The HFI-580 is partially metal for exemple)
[/size]

Jun 27, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #12 of 19
Also, the HFI-580 is more of a semi portable headphone not so much like the DT-770 (And the AH-2000?).

Something that i could listen in the train even with a portable amp would be good.

Thanks again

Jun 27, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #13 of 19
The HFI-580 is semi-portable? Then what do you consider portable?
The DT 770 is definitely not meant for portable use--some people just happen to use it that way, because it blocks out external noise. But they're big and don't fold.

Jun 27, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #14 of 19

Quote:

[size=medium]
Cant really decide if i want to go for a higher tier yet though, but people seem to like the Denon AH-2000. Any tougts on those? Not that im crossing out the options you mentioned but it seems that the Denons are well received here at head-fi + the UltraSone 900 looks kind of cheap quality can you comment on that? (The HFI-580 is partially metal for exemple)
[/size]

Heya,

Ultrasone 900 Pro S fold. They're great at home and for portable. Massive bass response. They're not cheap in any way, shape or form. They're made of durable plastic and metal and are pretty sturdy. They're great headphones. They cost you a dime too, being like $360 on Amazon right now. Probably won't get them used for very cheap either, if they're even for sale anywhere. They also have a good sound stage for a closed can.

I'll say this, if you cannot decide, buy a set, any of them, from Amazon. Make sure you get it from Amazon and not a store that is just listed on Amazon (like Music123 or something). Make sure it's absolutely from Amazon. The reason is the return policy. Amazon will take back the headphones for a full refund, no questions asked essentially, and their RMA policy/procedure is automated online, you click a button, print it, ship it to them, and they give you your money back (and even give some shipping money back too). Test out any headphones you want. Don't like them, or just want to try something else, send 'em back. You got a month basically to try it out and send it back. I did it with quite a few headphones. Someone some where else ends up buying them open-box for cheaper and enjoys them. So win-win.

Very best,

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #15 of 19
I bought a pair of Beyerdynamic dt770 32 ohm a few months ago. Here in Norway all the webshops sell all the different versions on the dt 770 as "pro"-versions. At least thats what they call them..

My dt770's look like the pro version, and they came in a box which was originally for the 80-ohm pro version, but Beyerdynamic had put a sticker on the box saying "770 pro 32-ohm". So what is it really that I have? I would guess its the premium 32-ohm in the old design (which I way prefer over the new to be honest..), and beyerdynamic just called them "pro" back then? Does anybody know? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back