*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #452 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
grado-hp-1000.jpg

> PS1000 (visually)

See the metal L/R blocks on the HP1000???!!!!
Why does Grado Insist on using those dang-blasted plastic L/R rod holders on his top models??????

The RS1 and higher should have metal!!!!!!!

I love Grados, but always hated the darn plastic L/R rod holder blocks and the flat headband wire that pulls out when youre wearing them.
I cant imagine spending $1700 and having that headband pull out in front of a naysayer telling me i spent way too much!!!

Altho, i still feel my wallet tugging.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #453 of 941
Ok, i made the above post when i started page 17, and before i read that a few people mentioned the plastic L/R blocks already. The post stays!
biggrin.gif

He should just sell metal L/R blocks separately then, in case they cost too much or something.
Im sure new and older model Grado owners would buy the metal blocks to "mod" their Grados.
If not, then where are our DIY sellers??? Someone make some metal blocks for us!!!

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #454 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, i made the above post when i started page 17, and before i read that a few people mentioned the plastic L/R blocks already. The post stays!
biggrin.gif

He should just sell metal L/R blocks separately then, in case they cost too much or something.
Im sure new and older model Grado owners would buy the metal blocks to "mod" their Grados.
If not, then where are our DIY sellers??? Someone make some metal blocks for us!!!

$1700 headphones and little metal blocks cost too much? What world do you live in?

Feb 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #458 of 941
Nobody has heard them both. Zanth is the only one who has head the PS1000 and hasn't heard the HD800. I'm putting my bet on the company that has proven to be my sound.

Feb 23, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #459 of 941
I won MegaBucks, and bought a pair of these.

Oh, and the Sennheiser 800's.

And the Ultrasone Edition 9's.

And a Meier Audio Corda Symphony for every pair.

And...oh. Then I woke up.

Nice dream, though!

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #460 of 941
The plastic blocks don't just look cheap, they also make the HP1000 look like a higher-end can.

(not that it has anything to do with this particular can, but why can't Grado price their cans more nicely in Europe, like Sennheiser does?)

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #461 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won MegaBucks, and bought a pair of these.

Oh, and the Sennheiser 800's.

And the Ultrasone Edition 9's.

And a Meier Audio Corda Symphony for every pair.

And...oh. Then I woke up.

Nice dream, though!

Thats really not too crazy of a dream, though you might also want to invest into a good source, and I picked the phonitor over the symphony.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #462 of 941
IMO the PS1000 is overpriced,IMO build quality on recent Grado's is not as good as say 6yrs+ ago

Do I still want one..yes

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #463 of 941
Overpriced for what then, materials? I pay for the sound. I could say it was overpriced if there was another headphone that sounds the same for 100bucks less, then it would be overpriced. As long as it does something no other headphone can, its pretty free to make up its own pricing. I guess you pay alot for the research and everything. Don't get me wrong, I too would like the plastic to be replaced with metal like the HP1000, however its not gonna happen
frown.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #464 of 941
I must say I find this phenomenon amusing.

People have been complaining about the HD800 price, material, and looks all since it was known.
By now, there are plenty of reviews from different people who are synonymous in that they think the HD800 is truly great. Still, when this new Grado model came out, people are jumping on it, even though there is only one person who have actually heard it, ignoring whats been said about quality issues at Grado lately. And the price? No second thoughts at all. If its heavy and uncomfortable, who cares, as long as its made of metal. I don't get it.

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #465 of 941
If that was directed at me than your dead wrong. I have never complained about the HD800's price. The reason why I jump directly at the new Grado? Well because the RS1, PS1 and GS1000 are the best headphones (and LNS and SR-007) that I have ever heard. I know I can trust Zanths opinion, because he likes the same sounds as I do, thats obvious from his equipment. For me the opinion of 1 grado fan is more userfull for me than 100 HD650 fans. I don't have any comfort issues with the GS1000 so don't expect any from the PS1000 either, and the weight, well lets just say that I can handle that haha. That its made of metal, I don't give a rats ass, it looks nice, but for me its all about the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back