ComputerPro's Temper Tantrum
Mar 31, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #121 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mid 90's ? You sure about that? Pentium II didn't come out till 97.

I was debating Late mid or just mid, I know it was before 2000, maybe 98, 99. See what happens when you get old, you start forgetting stuff.
smile.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #122 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spend my time browsing the internet, listening to music, talking on AIM, downloading stuff, watching movies, doing homework, and a bit of graphic design. I also occasionally game.

Internet = Firefox, music = iTunes, AIM = Adium, downloads = Azureus (although uTorrent is better), movies = VLC, homework = iWork, graphic design = Adobe Design Suite CS3, games = Bootcamp

In the end, it's all personal preference. If your top priorities are gaming and speed, or work in a business environment, use Windows. If you want ease of use and minimal maintenance, use a Mac. If you are a tweaker, run a Linux distro.

That's weird, I spend my time doing the same things plus editing LOTS of photos. I must have gotten the wrong type of computer! I guess I should turn in my PC and run out and buy a Mac.
popcorn.gif

Gaming/speed/work/business = PC
Ease of use = Mac

Where do these figures come from? I've never had a problem running PC's, they are very intuitive and "easy to use." Once again, you should never use your opinions to change people's minds. Facts, evidence, and logical data go a very long way.

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #127 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cash or someone please link this to [H] or [M] or just create a new post there so the funnay can start.

[H] would have a field day and head-fi, particularly cash86 would be forever known as epic fail

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #129 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cash or someone please link this to [H] or [M] or just create a new post there so the funnay can start.

It's in WLWC over at [H] genmay already.

[H]ard|Forum

5 digs too and climbing

I was debating posting it in the main section to get more traffic (nobody reads WLWC), but it would probably get moved or locked.

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #130 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's in WLWC over at [H] genmay already.

[H]ard|Forum

5 digs too and climbing

I was debating posting it in the main section to get more traffic (nobody reads WLWC), but it would probably get moved or locked.

Sadly I dont have an [H] account anymore due to I only went to [H] for the Mayhem and they moved that out to Genmay. I'm glad you brought light to [H] for the funnay.

Again

<3 for knowing the [H]

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #135 of 195
If anyone is still interested in this thread and discussing about PCs and Macs,

Check this out.

The only thing I'm scared about is that I don't see Sony on that list, meaning it's even lower and which means I must be taking really good care of my laptops!

And btw, that list only proves that hardware has nothing to do with OS, seeing that Apple is sandwiched between PC/Windows manufacturers both above and below in that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back