ComputerPro's Temper Tantrum
Mar 31, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #136 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh noes internet nerds pretending to be bullies!!!!! RUNZ!!!! >rolls eyes<

Sad.

I shall like to buy you a mirror, fine sir! Mirrors for all!

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #137 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
99% of consumers will never open up their computer and most would be terrified to do it. I don't think it's realistic for a lot of my relatives to open up their computers.

The first thing I did when I received my new PC last week was open it up, even before I hooked it up and turned it on. When I mentioned this to my dad he seemed surprised that I would even attempt to open it.

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #138 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I shall like to buy you a mirror, fine sir! Mirrors for all!

funny-cat-picture-cute-kitty-pic-kitten-looking-in-mirror-seeing-a-lion.jpg

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #139 of 195
I have my PC open all the times. And guess what. I run W7 build 7068 and sometimes OSX86 on it sometimes
eek.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #140 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first thing I did when I received my new PC last week was open it up, even before I hooked it up and turned it on. When I mentioned this to my dad he seemed surprised that I would even attempt to open it.

I would guess that most people don't even know how to open it.

Mar 31, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #142 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's weird, I spend my time doing the same things plus editing LOTS of photos. I must have gotten the wrong type of computer! I guess I should turn in my PC and run out and buy a Mac.
popcorn.gif

Gaming/speed/work/business = PC
Ease of use = Mac

Where do these figures come from? I've never had a problem running PC's, they are very intuitive and "easy to use." Once again, you should never use your opinions to change people's minds. Facts, evidence, and logical data go a very long way.

I knew someone was going to call me out on this and talk about their rights and blah blah blah...

But I was too lazy to change it.

Mar 31, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #144 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing wrong with leaving your PC open. I have one of the worst cases for a good airflow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine too. I remember opening my Antec Lanboy once every month to clean it. I have a couple of fans inside. Didn't even bother with compressed air, just use a full size hoover!

Mar 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #145 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine too. I remember opening my Antec Lanboy once every month to clean it. I have a couple of fans inside. Didn't even bother with compressed air, just use a full size hoover!

Computer will probably run hotter with it open.

Mar 31, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #146 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Be careful with that. Vacuums generate static electricity, which could damage your computer.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #147 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by PerformanceFirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be careful with that. Vacuums generate static electricity, which could damage your computer.

As do air compressors. I fried a motherboard learning this lesson. Of course it was time for an upgrade anyway..
bigsmile_face.gif
Air compressors = bad; compressed air = good.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #149 of 195
Holy crap this thread has like 5 diggs now! Three of them are inactive users who deleted their accounts! I wonder who that was?!

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #150 of 195
cash: nobody cares, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back