Comply T-400 - is it worth it?
Oct 16, 2011 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

BenAdamson

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi, I was wondering if it would be worth me dropping £15 on a 3-pack of T-400 buds. I've heard that they would help with comfort and seal, though do they have a big effect? At the moment I am using the medium size  stock biflange tips on my RE-ZERO IEMs, which are pretty good but after about 20-30 mins of wearing my ears become irritated with them and they become uncomfortable and just make me want to take them out (some sort of sensitive skin reaction?).

I like to wear the tips quite deep, so would the T-400s be able to be worn deep also, without coming off inside my ears?

Thanks,
Ben

Oct 16, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 20
Seal is better than silicone tips cause when you put in complys you have to compress them then let them expand to the shape of your ear canal. Comfort for me was about the same but it feels like you have something bigger than regular tips in your ears, didn't bother me thou. I wouldn't worry about them coming off in your ears anymore than any other tips. And you could probably wear these even deeper than regular tips. But I had real issues with durability, my comply tips lasted about 2 weeks before they got discolored and didn't compress well and that's with me taking care of them. For comparison sake I used the same pair of shure olives for around 8 months, So to me not worth it but maybe you can squeeze an extra few weeks out of them.

Oct 16, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 20
Hmm, ok. I hear the Olives are very good also, two questions:
  • Would they fit the RE-ZERO IEMs?
  • Where is the cheapest place to get them in the UK?

Oct 16, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 20
1. Not as they come but they will if you remove the cores, however they are not very secure on the phones after modding
2. dunno

I use t400 and they work well.  For me they are much more secure in the ear than stock tips that work loose very quickly.  I get at least 6-8 weeks out of a set using them 2 or more hours a day.  They don't lose compression ime.  I throw them away when they start to disintegrate after a couple of months.  tbh I cant imagine using the same tips for much longer.  Rather un-hygenic don't you think?

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #5 of 20
So I should get the T-400 tips, because they will fit, and the olives will not without a mod that leaves them impractical?

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #6 of 20
You could use the t-400s first. Once they're beyond usable, cut their cores out. Stretch a decored olive over the t-400 core and viola! A practical tip

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #7 of 20
Heh, good idea.

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #9 of 20
I like the olives better, I feel that the complys reduce high frequency..

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #10 of 20
Oct 16, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #13 of 20
I also think the Ts series from comply is much better than the T. 

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #14 of 20
They're absolutely worth it! 
We'll throw you a set of tips to try out, then you can make decisions yourself. 
It's cool seeing the Ts get such a great response. It's in our "market testing" faze and limited to only the Medium size. 

We'll PM you

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #15 of 20

Wow, that would be fantastic thank you! I've heard great things about your tips, and I will try to do a mini-review on how they change my sound experience with my RE-ZERO IEMs. I am now smiling from ear to ear! 
biggrin.gif

The Ts series look like they'll be fun to use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back