Comply Heat-Activated Foam Vs Shure Black Foam (UPDATE: COMPLY TX)
Dec 30, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #32 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguyoverthere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait, can I use the shure tips on Westone 3s or not?

The olives and any tips that fit the se530 should fit the Westone 3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #33 of 75
lol can you fix the topic title?

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #34 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatguyoverthere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait, can I use the shure tips on Westone 3s or not?

yep no problem using them; although to my ears they dont to the greatest job. they are a bit sibilant and accentuate the slight bump in the bass on W3. just like they do on SE530. IMO the black foams cause problems on any can they are used with. better isolation (slightly), more durable but to me they harm the SQ. I use comply on my SE530 too

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #35 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by bossnass15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wonder does all comply tips lose seal and isolation easily or for certain types only..

huh
confused.gif
never had an issue; must be your strange ears
tongue.gif
jk
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #37 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comply tips by my experience has the best seal and isolation BUT they die too fast. 2 months was the longest I stretched a pair.

Did you use them everyday? And for about how long?

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #38 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol can you fix the topic title?

ahahaha, sorry typo. i tried already, it doesn't let me. and as you can see, i apologized on my first post already
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #39 of 75
comply foam is the most confortable one Iv ever used isolation is perfect, no issue at all. I am also using the ety foam, they does a pretty good job on w3 too, but really not comfortable...
I wanna try the Shure black foam...where to buy them?

Comply foam has an ugly color especially when it gets dirty...won't look very professional, LOL...

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #40 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
comply foam is the most confortable one Iv ever used isolation is perfect, no issue at all. I am also using the ety foam, they does a pretty good job on w3 too, but really not comfortable...
I wanna try the Shure black foam...where to buy them?

Comply foam has an ugly color especially when it gets dirty...won't look very professional, LOL...

I think the new Comply is gray instead of the old waxy yellow. I can't even figure out the right size. T100, 400, etc. I asked Comply and their spokesman didn't know either. What size is everyone using? What size was in the W3 box? I'm starting to feel like a mushroom!
redface.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #41 of 75
T100s or P-Series both fit the W3s. P Series come in standard, thin and (if you can find them) short. One pair of each comes with the W3s. T100s come in standard and small (which are very, very small). If this makes any sense, the T100 standard and the P Series shorts are about the same size (also the same size as the T400s, which work for larger canalphone-type sound tube phones, such as the Sony EX lineup, or the UEs, or the NuForce or Denon phones. Or any standard "canal" phones, with the larger (circumference) sound tubes.

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #42 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T100s or P-Series both fit the W3s. P Series come in standard, thin and (if you can find them) short. One pair of each comes with the W3s. T100s come in standard and small (which are very, very small). If this makes any sense, the T100 standard and the P Series shorts are about the same size (also the same size as the T400s, which work for larger canalphone-type sound tube phones, such as the Sony EX lineup, or the UEs, or the NuForce or Denon phones. Or any standard "canal" phones, with the larger (circumference) sound tubes.

Thanks, tstarn. So, just to be sure, if I want the longer tip that comes with the W3 I should order T100 Standards, right?

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #43 of 75
Guys, where can I get Shure tips? Can I find them in any local store?
I am so happy with my comply+W3 right now, but would like to try the Shure olive since it matches the color of W3...

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #45 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, where can I get Shure tips? Can I find them in any local store?
I am so happy with my comply+W3 right now, but would like to try the Shure olive since it matches the color of W3...

the only store i know of that sells them is the apple store..thats where i got mine. the store near my house only had medium..dunno if its cuz they ran out of stock of the other sizes or if they just have that size

Users who are viewing this thread

Back