Completely new to all things audio
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Goldbott

New Head-Fier
Well due to some rather odd but all too familiar situation ( tripped over my decent headphones ) I need to get a new set for a pretty small amount of cash. I'm not sure if this question is appropriate for these forums mainly because of the large amount of posts on more expensive headphones but I wanted to give it a shot anyway. I'm mainly looking for something with acceptable mids, good highs, and very good lows, for less than $30. I tried to build a pair out of some old speakers, thin metal, wire, and bamboo but due to my lack of any type of hacksaw the project didn't work out. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.   

Jun 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 6
I've never seen those Sonys mentioned around here. Doubt anyone owns them.

Why not look at something more popular? Sub-$30 earphones are discussed more often than you think - the Meelectronics M9, ECCI PR100, Soundmagic PL30/PL21, Sennheiser CX250, and many more are considered quite good for what they cost ($20-30). If in-ears are out of  the question there's a couple of decent conventional earbuds (e.g. Senn MX471). And of course a few on-ear headphones - Koss KSC75/PortaPro, JVC HA-S700, Panasonic RP-HTX7, Coby CV185, etc etc. The search function is your friend with all of these.

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 6
I'd suggest you look at the iem review thread in joker's signature. Also I have never heard of those Sony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back