Compatible mobile Amps/Dacs for the iPhone 5
May 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #49 of 125
Quote:
VentureCraft also announce the next version of their Go-Dap. It will be officially called "Go-Dap X2"

The prototype is called SounDroid Typhoon.

Hadn't heard about this. Do you have a link to where you found this?

May 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #50 of 125
I'm having compatibility cautions as well with my new iPod Nano. I plan on buying a Fiio E11 and hooking it up with my Nano, but obviously that won't right out of the box. So I've been doing some digging this last week on adapters and necessaries, and this is what I've came up with that will "hopefully" let my iPod Nano work with a Fiio E11.

7th Gen iPod Nano + Lighting to 30pin Adapter + Fiio L3 LOD Cable + Fiio E11 Amp + Headphones = Problem solved

Is this equation correct? Will that setup bypass the Nano amp and let Fiio E11 feed amp to my headphones without double amping? I'm pretty sure this will work, does anyone have this setup or tried it?

May 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #51 of 125
Quote:
Hadn't heard about this. Do you have a link to where you found this?

Sorry for late reply, I've been out for couple days. Here is the link to the thread in this forum.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663590/soundroid-typhoon

Here is the website of the company.

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/index.php

Most of the information are in japanese version. They have put any info on the english website yet. 

May 21, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #52 of 125
Had a look at their website.
I'm not 100% sure 'cause I can't read japanese but It doesn't seem to be compatible with the 5th gen. iPod Touch.....
is that actually the case?

Thanks,
Huck

May 21, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #53 of 125
Quote:
Had a look at their website.
I'm not 100% sure 'cause I can't read japanese but It doesn't seem to be compatible with the 5th gen. iPod Touch.....
is that actually the case?

Thanks,
Huck

Yes. It should be compatible with iphone 5 and ipod touch 5G. Actually I use their previous generation "Go-Dap X" with ipod touch 5G. Actually I try their prototype with my ipod touch 5G.

May 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #56 of 125
I'm having compatibility cautions as well with my new iPod Nano. I plan on buying a Fiio E11 and hooking it up with my Nano, but obviously that won't right out of the box. So I've been doing some digging this last week on adapters and necessaries, and this is what I've came up with that will "hopefully" let my iPod Nano work with a Fiio E11.

7th Gen iPod Nano + Lighting to 30pin Adapter + Fiio L3 LOD Cable + Fiio E11 Amp + Headphones = Problem solved

Is this equation correct? Will that setup bypass the Nano amp and let Fiio E11 feed amp to my headphones without double amping? I'm pretty sure this will work, does anyone have this setup or tried it?

That works for me with an iPhone 5 and iPad mini going to a Fiio E17.

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #58 of 125
hi, does using converter from the New Lightning to 30 Pin Adaptor for iPhone 5 reduce the sound quality of the music going through the LOD cable ?

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #59 of 125
Quote:

LOD is abbr. for "Line out Dock". It's a cable that take line out signal from iDevice connector directly. It bypass the internal AMP section but still an analog signal.

Lightning port is digital only but lightning adaptor has DAC chip build-in to it. It can convert digital signal send out from lightning port to analog. If your external DAC is compatible with iAP, it'll bypass the DAC in lightning adaptor and send out digital signal to your external DAC.

This is my short USB to microUSB cable with lightning adaptor connected to my Go-Dap X (Similar to HP-P1). 

wow...I like that right-angled adapter and short cable!  from where may I buy one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back