Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Jul 11, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #3,466 of 4,373

Congratulations! 2 weeks ago I just bought myself a pair, besides the ear pain (because of my sensitive big ears), i love the sound it is incredible :)

Thanks!  I definitely agree about the sound.  

Sorry to hear about your ear pain.  So far i'm finding them quite comfortable.  I also have quite big ears which is part of the reason i've gone to on-ear for portable rather than trying to squash my ears into a smallish ear cup!  Having said that, the P7s were just about okay on that front, so if you can find something you like that is over-ear then that might be a better option rather than direct pressure to your outer ear.   

I totally sympathise with you though -  my ears have always been quite sensitive too - both in terms of outer fit and the amount of time that I can listen before my inner ear starts to feel tired or sore, even at low volumes.  Anything that pokes inside like an IEM is also a no-go for me.  I definitely think it's worth finding something that feels 'right' to you -  music is about enjoyment and pain is a buzz-killer!     

Jeb.

Jul 12, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #3,467 of 4,373
I started my journey using AKG K701 paired with a Corda Headsix amp + DIY-modded Ipod 5.5 gen. Sold it all off because the headphone wasn´t that fun but the biggest reason was that the setup was impractical - too big and for my usages an open headphone didn´t fit very well. Then I tried Sennheiser HD 25-1 II and appreciated its qualitites in terms of sound, portability, durability and the benefits of a closed headphone. Today I´m using it with my mobile (HTC One M7) or a HRT MicroStreamer. Now I need a new headphone because, would Momentum M2 be the next logical step due the fact that I´m a happy HD25-1 II user?

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #3,468 of 4,373
  I started my journey using AKG K701 paired with a Corda Headsix amp + DIY-modded Ipod 5.5 gen. Sold it all off because the headphone wasn´t that fun but the biggest reason was that the setup was impractical - too big and for my usages an open headphone didn´t fit very well. Then I tried Sennheiser HD 25-1 II and appreciated its qualitites in terms of sound, portability, durability and the benefits of a closed headphone. Today I´m using it with my mobile (HTC One M7) or a HRT MicroStreamer. Now I need a new headphone because, would Momentum M2 be the next logical step due the fact that I´m a happy HD25-1 II user?

Not just because of the fact you liked another Sennheiser. I did not like the original Momentum at all, but love the M2.

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #3,470 of 4,373
  Hard to tell. M2 and HD25 don't sound similar at all. If you like HD650, you'll like M2.

The M2 is my favorite portable. It sounds great in quiet a environment or in the street.

Jul 19, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #3,471 of 4,373
Hey guys i'm between the T51P, the HD25-II and the Amperior.

I cannot buy the M2 because isn't in my country and i'm looking for the best on ear portable supraaural, they need to be comfortable too.

The t51p is the best deal? Thanks

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #3,472 of 4,373
I have the hd25 Alu and have auditioned them against the t51p.  The Alu are .... not bad.  I think the t51p are probably better.  The hd25 Alu's are quite smooth, and have decent clarity but I find myself reaching for something with a bit more edge more often (my yamaha pro 500 and Audio technica esw9's).  The Alu have a very close presentation, more so than the t51p's.  They also do not have as much sub bass.  The Alu's also take a little more juice to run, not nearly as sensitive as the t51p's.  Of course, all of this IMHO.

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #3,473 of 4,373
  I have the hd25 Alu and have auditioned them against the t51p.  The Alu are .... not bad.  I think the t51p are probably better.  The hd25 Alu's are quite smooth, and have decent clarity but I find myself reaching for something with a bit more edge more often (my yamaha pro 500 and Audio technica esw9's).  The Alu have a very close presentation, more so than the t51p's.  They also do not have as much sub bass.  The Alu's also take a little more juice to run, not nearly as sensitive as the t51p's.  Of course, all of this IMHO.

I really like the HD25s...but I agree that the T51p's are a bit better sounding. But with regards to comfort (especially if you wear glasses), I found the T51p's incredibly more comfortable.

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #3,474 of 4,373
Isolation is really good on my Alu's but I am staggered that they leak!  I agree, though, that the comfort is better on the t51p's - and that is something that is seriously underrated when buying headphones.  I bought a pair of aiaiai studio young guru's based on their comfort (just wish they were more portable - don't fold and appear flimsy).

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #3,475 of 4,373

I really like the HD25s...but I agree that the T51p's are a bit better sounding. But with regards to comfort (especially if you wear glasses), I found the T51p's incredibly more comfortable.

I need to get my those hd 25 alu earpads,

they look so nice, and cushy especially since the amperior are d/c so the velours will go as well

I got a pair of the hd25 (original pleathers) and while they isolate better,  and gives a nice bump to the bass, they aren't very comfortable or breathable (feels like paper mache *I think that's how you spell It*

@BigDave how much more bassier are the tp51>alus? and what about the clarity? not harsh for you?

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #3,476 of 4,373
How much bassier? Different bass response. T51p I feel has more sub bass. The highs are also more pronounced. More exciting sound. This is going from memory. I already had the alu. Picked them up for a good price. Half the price of the t51p. Alu have High clamp and easy to listen to. Have not heard the regular hd25, though.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #3,477 of 4,373
Hi guys.

I'm in need of some help.

All the pairs of portable headphones that I have owned I haven't used them outside as I get paranoid of getting them damaged. I concentrated too much on the sound and not enough on the design and how practical they are for portable use.

The time has come where I'm looking for a pure portable pair of headphones that I'll actually use outside.

I've been able to find a brand new and sealed pair of Bose QC25s for AU$220 and a pair of T51P's for AU$230 used.
I much prefer the design of the Bose headphones but I know that the T51ps are getting a good wrap but I can't seem to get over how I'll lookwith them on in public (I personally find that they look a bit dorky on the head but it's definitely subjective) especially since I live in a country town in NSW Australia plus the thin dual entry cable adds some inconvinence and concerns of them being pulled. At this stage I've told her that I'm committed to purchasing the QC25's. However before I take the plunge I wanted to ask for your opinion. I'm I making a good decision to go for the Bose QC25's? Or should I be looking at something else instead..

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #3,478 of 4,373
That's depend, if you are mostly looking it for sound quality beyer all the way.. is not even comparable but Bose know how to do their noise canceling technology work soo if you are for a portable headphone with em   nothing special sound  wich pack the best noise canceling then bose is your choise

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #3,479 of 4,373

Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around

The list should definitely include the new Denon AH-GC20 ? I've had them for 3 days and I'm not an audiophile, but a review of them would be appropriate here I guess. I mean, if you include the Beats and similar stuff , the denon's should absolutely be up there with the 25 !

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #3,480 of 4,373

Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around

The list should definitely include the new Denon AH-GC20 ? I've had them for 3 days and I'm not an audiophile, but a review of them would be appropriate here I guess. I mean, if you include the Beats and similar stuff , the denon's should absolutely be up there with the 25 !

Except that buying more headphones can be quite the expensive venture, no? But I'm certainly open to trying anything out there if anyone wants to send me a loaner pair? 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back