Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Nov 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #991 of 4,373
They just seem a little overpriced, plus I plan on getting the k545 anyway.

think p7 is a bit more expensive compared to m4u1 or momentum but it does have the best look and they bring b&w branding which people know as a good audio manufacturer

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #992 of 4,373

They just seem a little overpriced, plus I plan on getting the k545 anyway.

think p7 is a bit more expensive compared to m4u1 or momentum but it does have the best look and they bring b&w branding which people know as a good audio manufacturer

Meh - looks are subjective. I personally don't like the look so much. 
People also 'know' Beats are an excellent audio manufacturer. 

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #993 of 4,373
  Meh - looks are subjective. I personally don't like the look so much. 
People also 'know' Beats are an excellent audio manufacturer. 

yes it is indeed subjective, but would you say it looks the most expensive out of the three ? 

probably is my statement is too broad there, my bad. i mean people are the guys who do understand audio and not just buying headphones because of status quo. 

it is rather funny how some people would think beats is the brand when the monster branding is being printed so small (especially in the old studios)

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #994 of 4,373
That's it...I am done so much reading..
Just wait till tax rebate time...
I am buying them all..(!)
:)

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #996 of 4,373
I actually still find Sennheiser Momentum to have the best design of all the headphones in this review!

i find momentum to be very classy looking but in a bit of subtle way, p7 on the other hand has that classy look that says "LOOK AT ME !" 
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #1,000 of 4,373
i find momentum to be very classy looking but in a bit of subtle way, p7 on the other hand has that classy look that says "LOOK AT ME !" :p

Let's just say I have bad taste when it comes to gadget design. As long as it's nice to hold. (Comfortable for this case), and sound good, they already win my heart! My brother is the one who judges outlook....ermmm A LOT!

The momentum doesn't fold though.

There are lots of closed headphones not foldable but yet portable in fact, I find the Momentum pretty portable.

But fit nicely in a somewhat portable custom case.

+1! I like the case a lotttttt xD

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #1,005 of 4,373
Well I have been trawling posts, trying on everything I can looking for a portable on or over ear. I have been suffering from repeat ear infections despite scrupulous cleaning from iems, so I needed a solution.

I use HD-800 at home, and AKG K-550 at work, but both are a little large. The momentums seemed a good fit, but unfortunately they have gone the commercial route and overblown the bass a bit. Not as much as beats but enough to make the timing wooly. Timing is crucial for my music so that was disappointing as I respect Sennhieser. I was given a pair of B&W P5 (lucky me) but they are just bland: lack of resolution, rolled off and bloated. Not as bad as beats, but not good for the money.

I got a chance to listen to the P7, well run in. Much better than the P5s, with resolution and air. However who thought the great big bass punch exaggeration was a good idea? Sure it's impressive, but it ruins and otherwise potentially musical performance. Once again B&W loses sight of John Bowers' original vision. Something they lost along the way.

B&O H6 are nice. Nice is not good enough, as they are a little uninvolving, but pretty good. A bit dull.

KEF M500 get the vote from me, as they are quite involving and fun. Not fully neutral, but not doing all that attention seeking exaggerated bass. However as I like the AKG K-550, the 545 look very intriguing, and I haven't heard the NADs yet.

They is very much a flavour of the month thing here on head-fi, but with all the analysis, sometimes the music can be lost. Use a recording of questionable quality with a great performance when confirming you choice. You may be surprised by the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back