COMING SOON: Klipsch Image X7i & NEW Image S4, Image S4i & Image S4A
Aug 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

Alex L

Member of the Trade: Klipsch

What a treat we have for you today!

We have FOUR new headphones: Image X7i and the NEW Image S4, Image S4i and Image S4A.

The Image X7i are an all-new headphone, sporting new full-range balanced armature driversthat  deliver deep bass, clear mids and crisp highs....Oh and the new ceramic body is to die for!

Simply put, the original Image S4 was a legend & kick-started Klipsch's move into the headphones industry. The NEW Image S4, Image S4i and Image S4A deliver much-demanded improvements including tangle-resistant flat cables, improved strain relief, and matte black elastomer instead of high gloss black plastic.
 ​
All of these headphones will be available later this month but are available to pre-order right now!
 ​
Product Pages:
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 95
Aug 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 95
Interesting!

Has Klipsch made any improvements to the S4 soundwise? I'm guessing the  x7i is a cheaper version of the x10i, but ceramic has a nice ring to it.

Thank you Tattare for posting the prices.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 95
Quote:
I hope the X7i's 'full range' balanced armature drivers aren't the Sirens.

[size=12.0pt]All of the drivers used in Klipsch headphone are exclusive to our brand. That means you won’t find them in any other brand headphones and you can only get the Klipsch sound from a Klipsch product.[/size]

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 95
I've actually preordered the X7i from the Klipsch site already.  I have the S4i and just couldn't afford the X10i.

I'm looking forward to it as i did enjoy the S4i headphones.  Especially for use on the Subway as it does block out some ambient noise.

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #8 of 95
It looks like the sound specs are the same with the original S4 and the new correct? I just bought the original a couple days ago and now I'm seeing I could've got the new one for the same price, haha.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #9 of 95
Quote:
I've actually preordered the X7i from the Klipsch site already.  I have the S4i and just couldn't afford the X10i.

I'm looking forward to it as i did enjoy the S4i headphones.  Especially for use on the Subway as it does block out some ambient noise.

Nice! I am sure you will LOVE the Image X7i headphones. I use them personally.

A1945

I've never used Klipsch products, are they more of a premium brand like Monster?

Our headphones range from $50 all the way to $400....Depends on what you mean by "premium"

We create award-winning headphones. That's the bottom line.

Bcool06

It looks like the sound specs are the same with the original S4 and the new correct? I just bought the original a couple days ago and now I'm seeing I could've got the new one for the same price, haha.

The new Image S4 has the same award-winning sound as the original S4!

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #10 of 95
So the S4's imporvements are largely cosmetic?  A less tangle prone cord but a slightly varied look and the same sound.  If the latter I'm still out, despite enjoying some Klipsch products in the past I find the original S4 treble to be very fatiguing.

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #12 of 95
Quote:

[size=12.0pt]All of the drivers used in Klipsch headphone are exclusive to our brand. That means you won’t find them in any other brand headphones and you can only get the Klipsch sound from a Klipsch product.[/size]

Alex, does the x7i use the same single armature as the x10i?
Is it a dual armature set up with a crossover like the custom 3 was?

Let us know what you can, please.

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #13 of 95
Quote:
So the S4's imporvements are largely cosmetic?  A less tangle prone cord but a slightly varied look and the same sound.  If the latter I'm still out, despite enjoying some Klipsch products in the past I find the original S4 treble to be very fatiguing.

The improvements to the Image S4 are largely related to the complaints regarding the durability/cable strain of the Image S4 series. The body has been reshaped and key points have been strengthened in addition to the flat cables. Additionally, the mics for the S4i and S4A have been improved.

Quote:
Alex, does the x7i use the same single armature as the x10i?
Is it a dual armature set up with a crossover like the custom 3 was?

Let us know what you can, please.

No, the X7i uses a Full Range KG 623X7 while the X10i uses a Full Range KG 926.

Single armature, not a dual driver setup, so no crossover.

Quote:
Will any review samples be available for audio forums?

I see Endgadget has some preliminary comments and what not but I see that companies like Klipsch and Skullcandy have been spending some time on sonically working on their products these days.

We haven't given out review samples yet. It is TBD...We had an official media event in NYC this past weekend and that's why Engadget was able to get their paws on our new stuff.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #15 of 95
Yeah my thoughts exactly... I had the x10i's and S4's.  Loved the x10i's but they fell apart a bit and the jack and the housings.  I am def interested in the x7's if they have about the same bass level.  However, with the numbering scheme of the divers (623) they sound more like the x5's which I have not heard...

Oh yeah... the x10's... IMO... most comfortable iem ever.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back