COMING SOON: Klipsch Image X7i & NEW Image S4, Image S4i & Image S4A
Sep 26, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #31 of 95
Quote:
Hi

Just a small question, the X10i is superior to the X7i am I right? Being the flagship, and considering that stocks are getting scarse for the X10i, will Klipsch be introducing a new flagship in the upcoming months/year?

The Image X10i is still the flagship with its use of premium materials & drivers that justify its price...however, there are members here at HQ who do prefer the Image X7i. I can tell you that A LOT of care was put into the Image X7i from both a design and acoustics standpoint. The Image X10i definitely has a little more bass if that's the type of sound you prefer. We are not introducing a new flagship anytime soon. We still love the Image X10i, but we think a lot of people here at Head-Fi may very well prefer the X7i.

Quote:
I'm not sure.  I personally prefer the X5 over the X10 even though I like a punchier IEM.  Klipsch comfort cannot be beat though.  The best fitting IEM I ever tried was the Klipsch Image S2.  They are also the most durable IEM I've ever owned.  I work out in these, and have worn repeatedly in industrial worksite conditions and they've never died since 2009.  IMHO, the S2 should be made into audiophile grade.

Glad to hear you liked the Image S2 so much and that they lasted you so long...With all of our headphones, you would be quite amused to hear what people have done to them, yet the headphones keep on tickin'.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #32 of 95
In my quest for better audio I went as high as Shure SE535 but really didn't like to over-the-ear design and found the caps made my ears itch. Could clearly hear the massive improvement in quality though, especially clarity of mids and more defined base.

Then decided to go a lot lower and bought some Klipsch S4i purely based on reviews and am amazed how good they sound for the price and single vs triple drivers.

So I want to step up a bit again now I have my iPhone 5 and would have gone fro the X10i except for the concerns about durability and noticed the new X7i.

As others have said, the X10i can be had for under £200 while the new x7i for £170 direct from Klipsch.

Now I did find the S4i a bit base heavy coming from the Shure SE535.

So, which way to go, X7i or X10i.

Also, with other higher-end sellers going to triple/dual or even 6 (JH13) drivers why do Klipsch stick with one? Is it a case of more is not necessarily better?

I really enjoyed Classical with the SE535 so are the X7i OK with Classical ?

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #33 of 95
We do not necessarily subscribe to the belief that you need to throw more and more drivers in the headphone to make them sound better. We will gladly throw our acoustical engineering against any manufacturer out there.

You absolutely sound like the ideal candidate for the Image X7i. They have a much more even and accurate sound, especially compared to the Image S4i.

Obviously, the Image X10i are an incredible headphone as well. They lean more bass-heavy compared to the X7i. The Image X7i will still sound excellent with all genres.

...Plus the ceramic of the X7i is absolutely to die for. They are particularly impressive looks-wise in person.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #34 of 95
I love my X10i, I think the X7i is a step down, and still there is a base of people who would want to anyway get the X7i, I just think the X10i are really fun music, and not nuetral at all, like Westone 4, or Shure SE535, I actually use my X10i, rather than the westone 4, and right now I would still opt for the X10i as they are soo comfy.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #35 of 95
Quote:
I love my X10i, I think the X7i is a step down, and still there is a base of people who would want to anyway get the X7i, I just think the X10i are really fun music, and not nuetral at all, like Westone 4, or Shure SE535, I actually use my X10i, rather than the westone 4, and right now I would still opt for the X10i as they are soo comfy.

The X10i is still the flagship in-ear model for us; however, like you said, the Image X7i will still appeal to a large audience that is seeking a balanced & accurate sound.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #36 of 95
Thanks for feedback. Just seen Amazon are doing some x10 for only £119 compared to £169 for x7i or £199 for x10i.

Can live without the the remote controls as I will still use my S4i for out and about and half price bargain on the x10 is worth a try. (supplied from Amazon direct so should be genuine)

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #37 of 95
Quote:
Thanks for feedback. Just seen Amazon are doing some x10 for only £119 compared to £169 for x7i or £199 for x10i.

Can live without the the remote controls as I will still use my S4i for out and about and half price bargain on the x10 is worth a try. (supplied from Amazon direct so should be genuine)

Please make sure you buy directly from Amazon and not a third party seller on Amazon to ensure that you get the benefits of our two-year warranty.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 95
Sep 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #41 of 95
Really looking forward to tying them as only other high-end I've had was the Shure SE535's and don't come close to the comfort of my S4i.

Getting these at this price I may even still get some S7i's  to replace my old S4i  
wink_face.gif
  (when their on offer!).

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #42 of 95
Quote:
Really looking forward to tying them as only other high-end I've had was the Shure SE535's and don't come close to the comfort of my S4i.

Getting these at this price I may even still get some S7i's  to replace my old S4i  
wink_face.gif
  (when their on offer!).

Sounds good! You'll both the X10 and the X7i!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back