Coming off Audio-Technica ATH-A900's, reccomendations?
Oct 29, 2010 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kaelin

New Head-Fier
My a900's have finally broken after a few years of use. I fixed them literally three times by soldering the weak points. Looking for a new set of headphones although I'm not to well versed in brands/models. Any recommendations? In terms of use, I do a LOT of gaming, movie watching...Music Is mostly Rock/Indie/Pop and some foreign music in the same categories. I really loved my ATH-A900's, looking for an open set though, not closed ear like my a900's, want something better in terms of sound positioning for games. I had my eye on a Sennheiser HD 555 that has been modded in the sales section that I will most likely buy. But I want to get some info first if I should be looking at other options.

In regards to the bass which I have a feeling people will ask me about, I was fine with the bass from the ATH-A900's. So bass isn't the biggest issue for me, any recommendations or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ^^, looking forward to the replies.

Dec 8, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Don't know why no one ever replied. Probably already made a choice.. but I would have recommended ATH-AD700 or AD900 depending on budget!

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
My a900's have finally broken after a few years of use. I fixed them literally three times by soldering the weak points. Looking for a new set of headphones although I'm not to well versed in brands/models. Any recommendations? In terms of use, I do a LOT of gaming, movie watching...Music Is mostly Rock/Indie/Pop and some foreign music in the same categories. I really loved my ATH-A900's, looking for an open set though, not closed ear like my a900's, want something better in terms of sound positioning for games. I had my eye on a Sennheiser HD 555 that has been modded in the sales section that I will most likely buy. But I want to get some info first if I should be looking at other options.

In regards to the bass which I have a feeling people will ask me about, I was fine with the bass from the ATH-A900's. So bass isn't the biggest issue for me, any recommendations or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ^^, looking forward to the replies.

AD-1000 maybe?

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 4
hd 555 have less bass than ath a 900, if you mod the seinn i gess you will get something like hd 595 which should be fine for gaming and music on the pc
hd 595 and hd 555 are good not to expansive headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back