Comfort mod: HD650 headband padding on the Pro 900
Aug 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #61 of 77
Quote:
Hey, I have the DT 990 PRO 250 ohm, and I almost find everything comfortable except the headband. The headband is decent, but not as comfy like the Velour earpads... Occasionally, for some odd reason, the middle of my head gets a little sore from wearing them for a very long time. I was wondering if someone has modded it to make it more comfy, add some foam, etc... If you guys know of a comfy material that I could possibly add to it, that would be great.

DerpCeption indeed - You are actually posting in the very thread that gives you detailed instructions on how to do exactly what you are asking! 
biggrin.gif

The Beyer post is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900/30#post_9484686

May 1, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #62 of 77
Hate to bump an old thread but is there any other part I could find/buy other than that Sennheiser part? Nobody ships this part to my country...

-EDIT: Nevermind me guys, I found some British site that sells it for 8 quid and ships for another 6. Quite expensive but totally worth it.

May 1, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #64 of 77
  WHy not use bmx pads ? the stuff that looks like pipe padding that can fasten with velcro

Well, mostly because it looks like pipe padding and the point of this particular mod was to get the brilliant Sennheiser HD650 pad (with the indentation at the top) on another set of headphones.

May 18, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #65 of 77
I just got the HD650 band and did the mod.

So far, I'm not as impressed as I hoped I would be. The pressure is still quite strong although now it's not directly on top of my skull...

-EDIT: I was expecting unreal comfort. I didn't get that but on the bright side I've been wearing the headphones for over 3 hours and no headache yet!

-EDIT2: After about a month with this setup, I completely stopped using any other headphones. These are now comfortable enough to use all-day-long. THANKS!

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #66 of 77
  This awesome mod works on the Signature Pro and DJ - slightly different application.  You simply loosen the screws shown below enough to tuck the end of the pad inside, tighten the screws back up and you are done.  Simple...............no velcro needed, no adhesive, nothing. 

Awesome looking mod.  My Audio Technica ATH M50's have a similar build (and also uncomfortable headband) so I ordered this headband and will try this as soon as it arrives.

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #67 of 77
It works on a lot of headphones quite well!  I've put it on my Denon D2000, 5000, 7000, Ultrasone Sig Pro, Pro900 and Fostex TH900.  May try it on my HE-6 as well. 

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #69 of 77

Tried out both the HD600 and HD650 pads and I gotta say the 600s are alot more comfortable.  Also have some other mods I'm showing in these pics for a different thread.

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #70 of 77
That's great info!  I'm going to be trying the 600 pad on my HE-4 this week.  Can get it on Amazon for $24 Prime.  Thanks for the input.

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #71 of 77
  That's great info!  I'm going to be trying the 600 pad on my HE-4 this week.  Can get it on Amazon for $24 Prime.  Thanks for the input.

One thing to note for the 600 pad, it tends to wrinkle up in the sections between the pads (could have just been the one I got) but some double sided tape fixed it for the most part.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #73 of 77
Sorry about the bump but...

How does the HD600 pad feel as opposed to the 650? I can't find any 650 pads.

Edit:

Just got in touch with tech support. They found out they have in stock in the CT warehouse.
Need to contact sales dep and tell them what I want and where they can get it from me and I should be good to go.

I'll report back how much I got it for.
Edit 2: 17.48 shipped will be getting it this week

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #74 of 77
Looking for info on making my grado sr 325i headband to make ut more comfy...been thinking of doing something like this all week....as at the minute iv just velcrod a piece of soft foam on test, seems to work, and feel mych more sifter, and the cups not oressing to much on my ears...iv already git a hd 580 phone..so reckin ill picj up the 650 pad and jyst velcro it ti the band....anyone else done this for the grado...

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #75 of 77
Sorry about last post, some text came out wrong ?.... Anyway just ordered the hd580 pad, which im going to velcro to my grado 325i....not cheap £12... but got bo choice...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back