Combo Review: Euphony PTS - Matrix X-SPDIF 2 - Keces P8
Jun 7, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #106 of 210
I have been experiencing some error messages and interruptions in playback with the last system update (6-5-18). Is anyone else having issues? Arthur told me a software update with a fix is in the works.

Jun 9, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #108 of 210
After the new update, I can't figure out how to access my favorites from Tidal when using Euphony Stylus to access it. Am I missing something?

Jun 9, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #109 of 210
Never mind, found it. But is it intuitive to have a magnifying glass icon be a drop-down menu?

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #112 of 210
Joining u guys here, do u know if the euphony can do multi-channel files in DSD and PCM? I know it can be embedded with HGplayer to do upsampling. HQP can do m-ch but need to pay for that license separately.

Nov 1, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #114 of 210
I was thinking of getting this Buggy but then I decide to try to build my own PC from either Pinkfaun or Hdplex and i can choose an IS2 and Audio USB bridge from pinkfaun or other places. U can actually buy this same zotac buggy separately too. I posted that on the computer audiophile site of the same topic.

Nov 1, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #115 of 210
Joining u guys here, do u know if the euphony can do multi-channel files in DSD and PCM? I know it can be embedded with HGplayer to do upsampling. HQP can do m-ch but need to pay for that license separately.
I tested it extensively and it plays M-ch very well PCM. I have no DAC that can do M-ch DSD so that is not tested but the conversion from DSD to PCM works fine.

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #116 of 210
I was thinking of getting this Buggy but then I decide to try to build my own PC from either Pinkfaun or Hdplex and i can choose an IS2 and Audio USB bridge from pinkfaun or other places. U can actually buy this same zotac buggy separately too. I posted that on the computer audiophile site of the same topic.

Thanks. I presume this zotac buggy can do music streaming? There is not much information over the official website.

Nov 2, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #117 of 210
I've tested multi-channel as well, all appears great... but just like the above poster, I don't have a multi-channel DAC to actually use it with.

The Buggy was an older release, prior to the Euphony PTS system that I have. It's basically an existing Zotac CI523 Nano with the little platform thing added. Not sure it has any specific benefits other than that, and you'll want an upgraded PSU to extract the most out of it. But it should do all the things my Euphony PTS does - Roon server or endpoint, Stylus mode (which is their proprietary version of MPD playback), etc.

Nov 15, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #118 of 210
Hello!
I’ve Auralic Mini that feeding my c.e.c. Dac, so the question is - would be Euphony difinately better sounding streamer?
I trying to find something that sounds like cd but without spennding too much on equipment like Aurender, Lumin, Melco e.t.c.
And Euphony seems to me very interesting concept...

Thank You!

Nov 15, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #119 of 210
Hello!
I’ve Auralic Mini that feeding my c.e.c. Dac, so the question is - would be Euphony difinately better sounding streamer?
I trying to find something that sounds like cd but without spennding too much on equipment like Aurender, Lumin, Melco e.t.c.
And Euphony seems to me very interesting concept...

Thank You!
It depends on what CD sound u are talking about. If it is some some high end CD player like Sony esoteric or PS audio it may be hard to beat but euphony OS beats my audirvana, hqplayer and j river on MAC, and i use Euphony on same Mac. It brings the digital audio really close to CD and may beat it on well recorded hi res. But i have not really compared the CD version of the same digital download. That would be best way to test. I don’t have many duplicates yet.

Nov 15, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #120 of 210
It depends on what CD sound u are talking about. If it is some some high end CD player like Sony esoteric or PS audio it may be hard to beat but euphony OS beats my audirvana, hqplayer and j river on MAC, and i use Euphony on same Mac. It brings the digital audio really close to CD and may beat it on well recorded hi res. But i have not really compared the CD version of the same digital download. That would be best way to test. I don’t have many duplicates yet.
Actually I mean a regular cd qualaty that comes from CD player / transport like I have for example (c.e.c. Transport). But some times I listen the music from my digital collection and want same quality.... :)
If Euphony beat Auralic and cames close to cd that can be very good thing instead of spending thousands grands...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back