ColorFly C4 - Lots of Questions and Issues on Not Working!!!
Feb 23, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #137 of 172
Ha...you're twisting my melon man :wink: ...but you're right, she's my precious!

Regardless of what we've been saying, C4 is still a mighty nice unit.

So enjoy it guys. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #139 of 172
So it turns out that colorfly is simply brining a limited edition C4 with upgraded parts instead of a new flagship. Bumer! 

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.erji.net/read.php%3Ftid%3D1609668&usg=ALkJrhh3VVm-CLsybbMBiLXJgX12NqzUxg

I wonder if they can preform the mod for the current C4 users. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #140 of 172
Feb 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #141 of 172
It does too but I have seen some C4 mods selling for 2500 USD and there is a 3 months waiting for it. Anyways the limited edition is 16 GB only and selling for 690 AUD, it is the same price I paid for my 32 GB version. While I believe 32 GB is just enough, 16 GB is no way enough. Having said that if colorfly is willing to charge a fee for the upgrade (lets say 100 USD) I am willing to have mine upgraded. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #142 of 172
It does too but I have seen some C4 mods selling for 2500 USD and there is a 3 months waiting for it. Anyways the limited edition is 16 GB only and selling for 690 AUD, it is the same price I paid for my 32 GB version. While I believe 32 GB is just enough, 16 GB is no way enough. Having said that if colorfly is willing to charge a fee for the upgrade (lets say 100 USD) I am willing to have mine upgraded. 

Me too...no doubts....let's wait for English speaking announcement though...

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #143 of 172
In Germany there is somebody also doing a similar modification of the C4 pro. It is Stephan Horwege. He pleaced the OP Amp and some some condesators. I tried it and the result is quite good. More clarity, more details. more dynamics. It did not change the sound signature but it seems now that the C4 plays louder. For a price of about 160 EUR the result was quite good.

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #145 of 172
The E-Mail is: stephan.horwege-hifi.werkstatt@ewetel.net

They also have a site: http://www.hoer-wege.de/

The best would be to contact him via E-Mail.He will explain You what he would do.

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #147 of 172
One day i am going to try it, right now too poor :p honestly c4 seems to pair with all my gears. I guess it js matter if taste, after comparing it with ak120 the ak120 comes out in top on detail but paired with t5p the sound is just lean and non engaging. T5p with c4 is a great example of what a perfect synergy is all about.

As I've just posted elsewhere.... Oh dear...I did a three way shoot out yesterday between my xc, and two portable on the go alternative...the nad hp50 and beyerdynamic T5p....as I've said before, my favourite headphone ever is the audeze LCD 3, but I need closed back....in my search in general and my test yesterday I discovered something shocking....I think I prefer the sound character (notice I didn't say quality) of the NAD over the t5p, which may not be that surprising as the NAD is warmer, to the beyers leaner brighter character....but oh dear....I also preferred it to my xc! The xc was closer to the leaner brighter sound of the t5p than the hp50 our lcd3. This is character only, not resolution or ultimate realism....which is important, but not as much as the character you prefer. So in summary...the NAD hp50 is like a mini lcd3 (ish) and my xc will be traded for something else :frowning2: the fostex th900 seems to be my last chance of closed back high end....

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #148 of 172
The reason for the noise between tracks may ID Tags or BWF metafile extensions the DAC can't interpret during converting. So you can filter out with a program like XRECODE II. I have a small guide in German and will translate it into English. I am not a native speaker so forgive me my horrible grammar

....any chance of this being ready soon? Thanks

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #149 of 172
Hi

I did a shootout between my Beyerdynamik T90 and the Audeze LCD2 with my newly modified C4 pro. And the clear winner is the LCD2. Much more neutral, less sibilant than the T90. More details and transparency. Better and bigger soundstage. Better Bass (only after the modification, before the LCD2 was too lean). So I think that the C4 pro and the LCD2 imho are a very good combination. In the store I also tried T5P and the C4 pro. But the sound was too lean. Bass ws lacking. And also the sound balance was not ok. Screaming high mids. Maybe the T5P was not yet burned in. Even the HD800 and C4 were not satisfactory. But now I found "my" combination!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back