ColorFly C4 - Lots of Questions and Issues on Not Working!!!
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #106 of 172
The Colorfly C4 has not enough CPU power to handle 24 BIT FLAC content, only WAV 24 Bit up to 192 kHz you can play.
During convertion from 24 Bit FLAC into 24 Bit WAV please filter out the ID Tags otherwise you get a incredible noise between the songs.

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #107 of 172
Yes i have noticed that on highly compressed flac it seems to struggle. 

Honestly I am okay with that, I like how it sounds. I just wished colorfly offered modding service for their current caps to be repaced with black-gates and perhaps improve the quality of the 3.5. There has been a few modders in china who modded the C4 and they found that their mods improved battery life and sound greatly. Perhaps this should be something colorfly to look into for their current customer. 

I for one love to have my caps upgraded to black-gate caps with a reasonable fee. 

I find the treble just a bit bright but I am sure it will change. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #108 of 172
On downloading a 24/192 album I've got the terrible noise between tracks on wav.....can anyone remember how to get rid of this without updating software? I seem to remember covering to flac then back to wav...which cured it. HELP! :frowning2:

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #110 of 172
The reason for the noise between tracks may ID Tags or BWF metafile extensions the DAC can't interpret during converting. So you can filter out with a program like XRECODE II. I have a small guide in German and will translate it into English. I am not a native speaker so forgive me my horrible grammar

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #113 of 172
The reason for the noise between tracks may ID Tags or BWF metafile extensions the DAC can't interpret during converting. So you can filter out with a program like XRECODE II. I have a small guide in German and will translate it into English. I am not a native speaker so forgive me my horrible grammar

Ps It's it not easier to update firmware and will this get rid of the incredible noise??

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #117 of 172
Sure, i will write something and add screenshot this Saturday using foobar, hope you are using foobar.

it seems really confusing at start but once you setup your profile foobar can save it for you and it is matter if a few clicks.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #119 of 172
Foobar is really good, it does all the conversion and compiling which is essential for gapless playback on C4. It also removes the tag which causes the noise all at the same time. It also allows you to setup different profiles so you never have to repeat the same thing over and over.

i will do my best to post the guide tonight as soon as i get home.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #120 of 172
Foobar is really good, it does all the conversion and compiling which is essential for gapless playback on C4. It also removes the tag which causes the noise all at the same time. It also allows you to setup different profiles so you never have to repeat the same thing over and over.

i will do my best to post the guide tonight as soon as i get home.
many thanks....the C4 finally catches up with the 21st century!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back