Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Sep 18, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #2,177 of 3,325
Haven't heard X3, it's an ongoing task I can't seem to accomplish, maybe it's just not meant to be. If UI is important to you then take into consideration C3's slightly underdeveloped interface, though I can tell you the C3 / BH is good from a clarity aspect though a little blurry in the mid-range due to the amp imo.

Keep in mind FiiO X1 will be released very soon however I'm fairly confident C3 will stand it's ground still in SQ.

Hopefully someone else has heard X3 for you.

I have heard X1 today from a local headphone store. I am pretty sure C3 will stand it's ground except for the details in a track. C3 is definitely more accurate and balanced in all 3 frequencies. I found the bass on X1 is too boomy to have an enjoyable listening. The form factor of the X1 is sturdy, but too bulky for what it offers. Whereas, I can easily stuff the C3 in my yoga pants or shorts for running.

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #2,178 of 3,325
  I have heard X1 today from a local headphone store. I am pretty sure C3 will stand it's ground except for the details in a track. C3 is definitely more accurate and balanced in all 3 frequencies. I found the bass on X1 is too boomy to have an enjoyable listening. The form factor of the X1 is sturdy, but too bulky for what it offers. Whereas, I can easily stuff the C3 in my yoga pants or shorts for running.

Alright great, thanks for the impressions on that. I think I'll still try one out as I'm rather curious. One thing C3 gives me even over my DX50 + JDS C421 rig is a certain timbre and atmosphere to its sound, that's why I keep using almost every day. 

Thanks again. :)

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #2,179 of 3,325
Thanks for the feedback. It was what I was afraid of; (I wouldn't trade my C3 for anything - as you say  its light and portable enough to carry anywhere and has such a clear sound for something so small) but I'll still probably pick an X-1 up anyway - where has the X1 been released?

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #2,180 of 3,325
  Thanks for the feedback. It was what I was afraid of; (I wouldn't trade my C3 for anything - as you say  its light and portable enough to carry anywhere and has such a clear sound for something so small) but I'll still probably pick an X-1 up anyway - where has the X1 been released?

I believe the end of September is word I hear, though let's see what happens.

Like yourself I enjoy C3 very much, one of the faithful un-parted owners here. :wink:

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #2,181 of 3,325
Many of us who have the C3 are faithful un-parted owners... 
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #2,183 of 3,325
  Hi everyone,
Can someone tell me if the C3 has slow forward and reverse through a song, as opposed to, from song to song ?
Thanks
John

Don't you mean fast-forward as opposed to just skipping the song?
rolleyes.gif

Yeas it can, if you press and hold theprevious/next buttons it skips back or forward 10 seconds

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #2,185 of 3,325
Hey guys, you can probably tell from my username I'm new around here (at least I've never signed up to say anything until now)
First I'd like to say thanks to a lot of you people for helping me make choices on various audio items, especially H2o (I'm from Australia too) :)
Anyways, I've had a colorfly c3 for quite a while and only have one decent pair of iems, vsonic gr06. As far as I could tell both of these items are very good value, especially the gr06 (I very much like the sound out of these).
But recently I found an old iPod mini in the shed, so I put rockbox on it and gave it a spin. I was shocked at how much better the iPod sounded through the gr06's, especially after I tweaked the eq a tad.
I'm assuming that the c3 and the gr06 iems have bad 'synergy', whatever that means and I'll need to start looking for a new pair of iems to bring out the quality of the c3? I was hoping someone might be able to give me a recommendation for a decently priced pair of iems (preferably under $100?) that will go well with the c3? Or would buying the cc b&h amp be more worth while? Would be very very interested to hear what you guys think, thanks for your help!

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #2,186 of 3,325
Hey guys, you can probably tell from my username I'm new around here (at least I've never signed up to say anything until now)
First I'd like to say thanks to a lot of you people for helping me make choices on various audio items, especially H2o (I'm from Australia too)
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways, I've had a colorfly c3 for quite a while and only have one decent pair of iems, vsonic gr06. As far as I could tell both of these items are very good value, especially the gr06 (I very much like the sound out of these).
But recently I found an old iPod mini in the shed, so I put rockbox on it and gave it a spin. I was shocked at how much better the iPod sounded through the gr06's, especially after I tweaked the eq a tad.
I'm assuming that the c3 and the gr06 iems have bad 'synergy', whatever that means and I'll need to start looking for a new pair of iems to bring out the quality of the c3? I was hoping someone might be able to give me a recommendation for a decently priced pair of iems (preferably under $100?) that will go well with the c3? Or would buying the cc b&h amp be more worth while? Would be very very interested to hear what you guys think, thanks for your help!

GR06 is too lean sounding for your C3. You need a warm sounding IEM to match the bass rolled-off from C3.

You should get yourself a Havi B3 Pro I and you will not regret it 
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #2,187 of 3,325
GR06 is too lean sounding for your C3. You need a warm sounding IEM to match the bass rolled-off from C3.

You should get yourself a Havi B3 Pro I and you will not regret it :evil:  

Thanks for that mate, so you've tried that iem directly with the c3 on various types of music and found the sound to be not only airy, but warm and smooth? Because that's how I think I like it :) seems a good price too, is this the one you're talking about?
http://penonaudio.com/HAVI-B3-PRO

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #2,189 of 3,325
It can shuffle from micro SD, but it does not shuffle from the internal memory to the micro sd.

Battery life is pretty decent due to the low output DAC. I found I always turned on the C3 by mistake because of the power bump on the silicone case. Without the case, you can easily scratch or drop the unit. So make sure you check whether the unit is on or not after you have placed them in your pocket and before you placed the C3 in your drawer. 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #2,190 of 3,325
Ah I see that's good, so it still has some potential for me then. Cause my clip became clip-less recently and I'm doing some scouting for a possible replacement/upgrade. Would use this as a pure shuffle player :p Anyways, I know you said that the battery life is decent, but do you have any numbers like, in terms of hours? At least 10 would be nice, but more than 15 would give me a reason to get it over the FiiO X1 that's coming out soon

Normally I don't like silicone cases, but man, the C3's silicone case really makes it look like one hell of a beaut lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back