Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Aug 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #2,132 of 3,325
  Any recommendation on best portable amp with the C3 ? 

Yes, C&C BH.

Check all the pictures of the happy members using the combo in the 2nd post.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

We even have a product photo for advertising the rig.

Full on....

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #2,133 of 3,325

Yes, C&C BH.

Check all the pictures of the happy members using the combo in the 2nd post.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

We even have a product photo for advertising the rig.

Full on....

You know me, I say wait for the E11k, which should be out very very soon. And the bottom jacks and volume pot at the top will make it stack a lot better with the c3.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #2,134 of 3,325
  You know me, I say wait for the E11k, which should be out very very soon. And the bottom jacks and volume pot at the top will make it stack a lot better with the c3.

There's a new amp we've discovered.........

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #2,135 of 3,325
Okay I'm looking at this C&C BH and JDS Labs C5. C&C is much cheaper though, hm. Surprised that C&C is still holding the crown. I tried e11 before, can't say that im very impressed by it. 

but also.. im fussy about design/fashion. jds made the cmoybb, so i'm having faith they can create a better one with some markup prices.
likewise, i had faith in the C3 because they made the c4 which is adorned with praises.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #2,136 of 3,325

Some members love it so much they even drew it free-hand.

Okay I'm looking at this C&C BH and JDS Labs C5. C&C is much cheaper though, hm. Surprised that C&C is still holding the crown. I tried e11 before, can't say that im very impressed by it. 

but also.. im fussy about design/fashion. jds made the cmoybb, so i'm having faith they can create a better one with some markup prices.
likewise, i had faith in the C3 because they made the c4 which is adorned with praises.

Good choice, can't go wrong with either really. C&C has the 80 hour run times, C5 is a better amp overall though I still think for the C3 BH is a better match (in that combination)

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #2,137 of 3,325

Well, ClieOS said the new E11k is a completely different beast than the old e11 and it will be priced the same as the old version, so around 60-70 bucks and no more plastic - it has an all metal body. 

I for one am not a big fan of the synergy between the c3 and BH. There are exceptions like the c3+bh+jvc s500, which is great combo. Now, the c5 is great and easily better than the old e11 and the bh IMO

There's a new amp we've discovered.........

You mean the topping. I'm strongly considering the E11k coz Fiio is really improving and also with fiio products finally available locally for me I can test it before buying it. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #2,138 of 3,325
  You mean the topping. I'm strongly considering the E11k coz Fiio is really improving and also with fiio products finally available locally for me I can test it before buying it. 

Nah, not the Topping, there's another one but that for later.  Topping is good though for $40.

Um, if FiiO can get rid fo the warmth in E11K then I'm all for it but I don't like the house sound of their amps (currently)

As you more than likely know.

I will say the E11K looks nice though, first I've seen of it.

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #2,139 of 3,325

Nah, not the Topping, there's another one but that for later.  Topping is good though for $40.

Um, if FiiO can get rid fo the warmth in E11K then I'm all for it but I don't like the house sound of their amps (currently)

As you more than likely know.

I will say the E11K looks nice though, first I've seen of it.

Well, do tell. Anyway, you know that I'm the opposite - while the BH is a bit more musical and open sounding I hate what it's doing to the lower end - kinda saturating and softening it. In that regard the C5 just destroys it and even the E11 is a bit better keeping the bass a bit tighter and more solid.

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #2,140 of 3,325
  Well, do tell. Anyway, you know that I'm the opposite - while the BH is a bit more musical and open sounding I hate what it's doing to the lower end - kinda saturating and softening it. In that regard the C5 just destroys it and even the E11 is a bit better keeping the bass a bit tighter and more solid.

C5 is the best amp of the three no doubt, noticeably in refinement and power, hence the tigher better controlled bass. While BH has the soundstage and coloured clarity.

While we're here Kova in the C3 sanctuary. Do you really think your new C3 unit sounds different? In what way? (I do believe you completely)

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #2,141 of 3,325

C5 is the best amp of the three no doubt, noticeably in refinement and power, hence the tigher better controlled bass. While BH has the soundstage and coloured clarity.

While we're here Kova in the C3 sanctuary. Do you really think your new C3 unit sounds different? In what way? (I do believe you completely)

Well, as I told you, initially it sounded a bit brighter to me but I let it run for a couple of days and now seems to be the same. Maybe still slightly cooler in tone but it might be just my imagination. Of course, easily better than my new clip zip.

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #2,142 of 3,325
  Well, as I told you, initially it sounded a bit brighter to me but I let it run for a couple of days and now seems to be the same. Maybe still slightly cooler in tone but it might be just my imagination. Of course, easily better than my new clip zip.

I don't doubt it at all, some of the same model gear I've heard right beside me has been slightly dissimilar on more than one occasion. From two pairs of Westone 4, Brainwavs B2, Ostry KC06 and others. All of which I had at the same time. It's no wonder impressions differ to some degree on Head-fi.

That's why I always (if possible) try and buy the very earphone in my hand. Much easier said than done.

Speaking of which my C3 is coming back very soon. (being sent tomorrow). I think this will be the last member to demo it. Done its duty.

Now, if Colorfly will just bring us all something new to play with........ (preferably below $1000) 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2,143 of 3,325
i dropped my c3 from about 1.3m height to the ground... oh, how it hurts me

i'm quite of a basshead, so reading from the reviews of a possibly "fatiguing bass" is attractive from the C5 jds. the jds objective 02 is 129$ now, close to C&C's price and reported for a wider soundstage than the C5.
any comments on the 02 with Colorfly ? but right now, im getting the hype and excitement for the c5. even noticeable from my avatar, you'd know, i'd like some quality bass. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #2,144 of 3,325

I don't doubt it at all, some of the same model gear I've heard right beside me has been slightly dissimilar on more than one occasion. From two pairs of Westone 4, Brainwavs B2, Ostry KC06 and others. All of which I had at the same time. It's no wonder impressions differ to some degree on Head-fi.

That's why I always (if possible) try and buy the very earphone in my hand. Much easier said than done.

Speaking of which my C3 is coming back very soon. (being sent tomorrow). I think this will be the last member to demo it. Done its duty.

Now, if Colorfly will just bring us all something new to play with........ (preferably below $1000) 
rolleyes.gif

Well, it's not really sounding that different to me now -  I did have more than 1000 hours clocked on my old c3, so I'm thinking after some more use it will probably be the same. But even if it doesn't I'll get used to such a small difference - one might say it's a positive thing as it's slightly more neutral lol 
tongue_smile.gif

And yeah, I wouldn't mind something new from colorfly with exactly the same size but maybe slightly bigger screen, volume buttons on the side and either physical buttons on the front or just plysical play and skip buttons added on one of the sides. I wouldn't even ask about better software or line-out. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #2,145 of 3,325
  i dropped my c3 from about 1.3m height to the ground... oh, how it hurts me

i'm quite of a basshead, so reading from the reviews of a possibly "fatiguing bass" is attractive from the C5 jds. the jds objective 02 is 129$ now, close to C&C's price and reported for a wider soundstage than the C5.
any comments on the 02 with Colorfly ? but right now, im getting the hype and excitement for the c5. even noticeable from my avatar, you'd know, i'd like some quality bass. 

Well, the O2 is more of a destop/transportable amp - not really a portable amp to carry with you in your pocket - maybe in a backpack with a big battery pack 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back