Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #601 of 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had ordered a Sandisk 32gb Class 4 from Amazon, but today at Costco I found a 32gb Class 10 with adaptor for $4 more.  Brought it home and began filling it up.  Ran BlueHarvest and it deleted Mac invisible files.  Seems to work.  I'll use the Amazon one (when it comes) as a secondary card.

Same deal here, Futureshop had a Lexar 32GB Class 10 with little USB Reader thingy for $25 so that's were mine came from.
dt880smile.png

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #602 of 3,325
Quote:
I was wondering if you could provide an update on your modification project?  Thanks.

Haven't started yet jdog, buddy with the scope is down south right now, so it'll be a bit before he gets back.
Not to fret, I'll update here as soon as I do anything with the C3...
dt880smile.png

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #603 of 3,325
Quote:
as concerns sorting files i recommend creating big folders using letters like A-G or S-Z and put your music accordingly. another issue is C3 sorts everything by date of transfer. so when you copied all your music onto the card, you then have to transfer everything back on PC and then again back to the card. this eliminates date transfer issue and C3 then can sort everything alphabetically and numerically.

if this transfer off the card to the computer and back on again takes a long time:

another way i have found is to make an easily identifiable folder like "AAAAA" then grab everything else in the card into that "AAAAA" folder ( still within the card itself ) 

then go into the "AAAAA" folder and drag all that stuff back out again and back into the main card area.

This seems much faster  because you avoid the USB transfer it's a direct in-folder thing instead. This does the same thing by automatically resorting everything alphabetically again.

If you need to  do the same to reorder  the tracks within a specific album folder the same method works also.  Just make an easily seen folder then drag out of the folder you want to reorganize, then back into it. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #604 of 3,325
^ This.

Create a folder inside your cards root menu called MUSIC, drag all the album folders into it. When C3 starts mixing up the order create a new folder in the root menu called MUSIC2, drag all folders within the original MUSIC folder to MUSIC2, done. Everything has now been shifted in the same date and will be In order. You can then delete the original MUSIC folder.

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #606 of 3,325
Thanks I'll keep that in mind, the wife has claimed the Clip+ now so I am just running with the C3... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #607 of 3,325
H20, Nick, thanks, i somehow did not think about that, speed transfer was fine but... i will try perhaps will save me some time.

as concerns cards i would recommend class 4 till class 6 maximum, anything higher class might not work and 10 will not work for sure IMHO, at least i would not be experimenting much since you gain no speed not anything on C3 from more expensive card except for spending more money.

as regards ebay, i would not buy cards or smallish stuff on ebay. perhaps amazon but that's it. nowadays memory cards are fairly cheap for the most and saving some 5$ to have headache with fakes is not worth messing around. i paid similar 25$ (20Euros) per 32G class 4 card and could not be more happy, works fine plug&play. from China i got 16G Sony together with the player from mister tao which also works fine and is class 4 too :)

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #608 of 3,325
I have a Class 10 card coming in a few days I shall test with C3 and CK4 (it's mostly for CK4) What makes you think they won't work Gintaras? You have me a little worried.

There seems to be rapid increase of fake SD cards on eBay recently, I have had several sd card listings in my eBay watch list which have been taken down or removed, Also, there was my fake card which arrived last week. The card was listed as a Class 4 Kingston, when the card arrived I could see the print was very smudged, then noticed it said class 10, not class 4 it still had a Kingston logo which I rubbed with my finger and the writing started coming off.

In my situation I contacted the seller and told him exactly what I thought while keeping cool. It was strange because the seller I used had a very high feedback rating of around 99.8% and several thousand sales. He refunded me straight away replying he was terribly sorry they had not had a chance to test this batch of cards yet. The listing was quickly removed by the seller. So it seems in some cases not even the sellers no they have a bad batch.

if you do happen to buy one of this cards they're a nightmare because they will transfer a small amount to look legit, and they are designed to trick your operating system into thinking the transfer is happening.

Be very careful, danger danger!

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #611 of 3,325
Quote:
You should sell them and buy yourself a nice C&C BH amplifier Kova.
wink_face.gif

Thanks for confirming none the less.

LOL If I do then I won't need a new portable amp coz I won't have music on my C3. Anyway, I'm still considering it but I'll wait till next Monday - by then the C5 pre-order and its specs and price should be up and the Chinese holidays will be over if I decide to go with the BH instead.

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #612 of 3,325
Quote:
LOL If I do then I won't need a new portable amp coz I won't have music on my C3. Anyway, I'm still considering it but I'll wait till next Monday - by then the C5 pre-order and its specs and price should be up and the Chinese holidays will be over if I decide to go with the BH instead.

C5?

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #615 of 3,325
H20, i do not know. before buying C3 i checked various forums and found people writing about class 10 not working on C3. what i cannot remember if this was about 32G or 64G cards. i think i found their posts on head-fi in other threads.

what i do not understand is why spend money on more expensive card when you gain no benefit in reading speed? i gladly settled for class 4 and i find this more than enough. i doubt class 10 can improve on class 4, rather i fear compatibility issues as reported by some users.

as a matter of fact it makes no sense paying for USB 3 if your PC accepts only USB 2. you of course can use USB 3 on USB 2 but speed will be USB 2... as far as i know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back