Cologne-fi
Dec 3, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #137 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG! I hate this stuff. I have a bottle of it, unfortunately. I don't know if I got a bad mix (can that happen?), but I find it has a very unnerving scent, with a sharp, almost chemical edge to it, that gets worse throughout the day.

Guess people have different opinions about smell as well, just like taste, hearing (especially sound quality), music, ...

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #141 of 436
bijan black for me all the time.
Bijan Black For Men By Bijan
my wife loves it, and I always get asked by gals what I am wearing at bars and whatnot..(though I am a faithful husband!)
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncletank88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone, I'm pretty new as a poster in these forums and I thought this might make for an interesting thread. Recently I let a friend of mine borrow my HD555's. When she gave them back to me I was expecting a comment on their sound quality, instead she kept raving on about how good the pads smelled. Which leads me to my question...

What kind of cologne do your gentlemen wear? Any personal favorites in your collection? Which cologne do you find gets the women turning their heads and for you married guys, which cologne does your wife like?

Personally, I am fond of Eternity by Calvin Klein and Lacoste Essential during the daytime. By night Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani. All of them are subtle scents when worn in moderation and women seem to enjoy them almost as much as I do.

Dec 6, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #142 of 436
L'Eau Par Kenzo and Kenzo Air
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #143 of 436
Loving my sample of creed millesime imperial.

Using varvatos by J.V. as my daily-- hanae mori was almost my daily, but what seemed like a tinge of mint in varvatos won me over. Might get a sample of L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme from a friend :D

Wouldn't mind having a small amount of rochas/a*men around, but not really suitable for me in terms of daily use.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #144 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.P.6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wear Creed.

I have, Bois du Portugal, Green Irish Tweed, Original Santal, Virgin Island Water and Original Vetiver. All in 75ml.

Love the stuff.

i'm really tempted to try some creed...read so much about it on basenotes. bottles are expensive arent they?

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #145 of 436
Yes, Creed is fairly expensive, so you may want to try samples beforehand. I've tried Millesime Imperial and Virgin Island Water. MI is interesting but the sour note smells too sour on me. VIW on the other hand is one of my favorite colognes ever, very tropical and beachy, like wearing a piña colada. Creed's cologne names seem to very accurately describe what you'll smell.
biggrin.gif

Also, Creed's Fleur de the Rose Bulgarie (the 1890 version) is one of the most beautiful and realistic rose scents I've ever smelled. I bought some for a girlfriend and she loved it.

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #147 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading this thread a couple days ago, I decided to buy 8 1 mL samples of Creed colognes. The total came to about $35. It was such an impulse buy.

same here. talk about the danger of wondering into the "wrong" thread!
biggrin.gif

I am a complete newbie in Cologne. All these discussions just get me curious. for the last few weeks since this thread, I have bought (all based on reviews):

Polo Black
Polo Double Black
Baldessarini by Hugo Boss
Baldessarini Del Mar by Hugo Boss
Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani
Burberry London for Men
Gentleman by Givenchy
Vetiver Men by Guerlain
Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL
Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Van Cleef Pour Homme

There will be a lot of A/B'ing ......

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #150 of 436
I like the freshness of the kenzo pour homme for day use. Night-time I've used escada magnetism, but I'm not sure whether I like it or not, maybe a bit too strong for me, but the girls seem to like it. It is also a very unusual and mysterious scent, perhaps stands out in the crowd (never a bad thing in a nightclub environment).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back