Cologne-fi
Dec 29, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #166 of 436
Can anyone describe what John Varvatos smell like? I've been meaning to try it for years but never got myself around to do that.

Dec 29, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #168 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone describe what John Varvatos smell like? I've been meaning to try it for years but never got myself around to do that.

Go to the website I posted and find out.

It'll be broken down into two or three sub categories that should narrow down the scents considerably.

P.S. You got expensive tastes but on a website like this...
redface.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #169 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by DestradoImpulse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go to the website I posted and find out.

It'll be broken down into two or three sub categories that should narrow down the scents considerably.

P.S. You got expensive tastes but on a website like this...
redface.gif

Thanks. I never knew sephora carries John Varvatos. I may have to give them a little visit.
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #170 of 436
Add another to acqua di gio. I barely ever use cologne though.

Dec 30, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #171 of 436
It's getting old and 'last year' now, but Terre d'Hermes is my favourite, and second is CK One, but on some days I think it's a bit too flowery for a man to wear.

oh, and how could I forget Lacoste Essential, the one that got me started in colognes! Bit too cloying I find in retrospect, but still very good.

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #172 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add another to acqua di gio. I barely ever use cologne though.

It'd be a great cologne to wear...if a million other people didn't already wear it.
angry_face.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #174 of 436
Don't have time to read through the thread and see if this has been mentioned, but my all-time favorite is Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. It's expensive but worth it (you can also get a good sample if you email them and ask for that one specifically).

For daily (less expensive) use, I always like Davidoff Cool Water.

A good resource for colognes (and other shaving/etc topics) is Badger and Blade.

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #175 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danosaurus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone recommend a vanilla scented cologne for men?

Two major ones would be Rochas Man and A*men, with the former in my opinion being the better one. A*Men tends to overpower whereas Rochas Man has a perfect strength to it in my opinion. Rochas is also cheaper.

Rochas Man by Rochas (1999) Rochas
A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler (1996) A*Men

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #177 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hugo Boss Baldessarini Del Mar. Love it. Not too sweet, fresh but not too sour with a Boss-typical wooden note to it. I used to try out new fragrances frequently but have now happily settled for this one. Just bought my 3rd bottle last week.

Anyways, what works for some doesn't work for others. A friend recommended Boss' new "Selection" cologne to me, which works perfectly for him, but didn't do it on my skin.

I just bought both Baldessarini and Baldessarini Del Mar. Both are very light, especially Baldessarini with almost none existent longevity. They are very refreshing and uplifting like most of contemporary male fragrances, but way too synthetic and artificial to my nose. Lacks power, complexity, depth, and natural ingredient touch.

Cool Water by Davidoff or Polo Black/Double Black also have refreshing smell, but have much much more sophistication and depth and smell much more "expensive".

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #178 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's getting old and 'last year' now, but Terre d'Hermes is my favourite, and second is CK One, but on some days I think it's a bit too flowery for a man to wear. ......

Terre d'Hermes is THE best, especially for work where you don't want to be obtrusive, yet elegant and classy.

Équipage by Hermès is equally good. More subdued and cleaner. Wonderful stuff.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #179 of 436
I use Armani Attitude. It is somewhat fruity I guess but I am in high school so it is ok. haha.

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #180 of 436
CK One, Hugo Boss Natural spray...

but my personal all time fav is Fahrenheit by Christine Dior... the wildness in the fragrance is just too unique to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back