Cologne-fi
Jun 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #361 of 436
  Bump, and lately I've developed an interest in old-school powerhouse scents. Aramis, the original Armani PH posted above, Azzaro, Givenchy Gentlemen...

But I've yet to make a single purchase, as I'm not willing to buy regular bottles at this point. 3.3 or 1.7 oz is really a lot of juice, even for someone like me whose skin murders the sillage and longevity of most non-powerhouse scents. Sure, sometimes there are deals to be had, just dump what you can't use down the toilet... I guess.

I second the praise for Tom Ford grey vetiver, even if it's down to skin scent on me in only an hour. My skin seems to kill the longevity on a lot of scents.

u can go to facebook and join a few groups where u can buy decants or small portion of a full botlle and u will be able to use it and save money .
the groups u can join 

fragrance swap
fragrance guru nation

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #362 of 436
I knew I could look for decants online and was hoping to avoid those types of interactions, but thanks for the tip, it's certainly appreciated.

Next scent of interest: armani code sport athelete, reviewed surprisingly well at fragrantica XD

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #364 of 436
  This is by far my favourite:

But I'm experimenting with this one too, since the Armani is getting hard to find:

Both great scents and yes the original Armani is getting harder and harder to find/get
frown.gif

I love the Creeds, most work well at fighting all the garlic and onion I put in my body
eek.gif
HeatOf, Aramis has always worked with my body and to this day women still love it on me
wink.gif

Tom Ford is good stuff but like the Creeds will drain the old wallet in a hurry. Been working the John V's this last year along with Mount Blanc
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #367 of 436
I wear Eau Sauvage by Dior pretty much daily.

Jermyn Street and Etton College by Taylor of Old Bond Street are in the most used rotation, along with many, many others
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #369 of 436
This is the only stuff I've tried, that has caused women who were literally total strangers to inquire. For some reason, my mother hates it. My sister immediately went and purchased it for her fiance at the time. I ended up dating my hair stylist because of it, and a blackjack dealer as well. I haven't worn it while with my current gf yet. Waiting for when I need to smooth something over with her first.

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #370 of 436
Hugo Boss The Scent

Starts fruity and strong but over time completely changes to a very pleasant leathery smell. It's relatively new and I'm a complete fragrance noob, but apparently it's love it or hate it with this one, judging from reviews. Needless to say I love it :)

Jul 7, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #374 of 436
My current two faves are:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back