Cologne-fi
Nov 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #350 of 436
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver reminded me of alcohol or glue in the first few seconds.  The scent is fresh, clean, aromatic and a bit salty.  It's a good summer fragrance.  It might be suitable for winner as well due to its earthly warmth smell.  

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #352 of 436
Chanel Allure Homme Sport
Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

Both smelled similar in a masculine way.  However Extreme has more citrus or lime in it.  

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #354 of 436
Aspen and it's cheap:wink: 

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #355 of 436
Creed Aventus
It's a sweet fruity scent with pineapple as the main note.  It's nice in the first few seconds, however the drydown is harsh, like shaving foam.  

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #356 of 436
some of the best i have smelled :
MDCI invasion barbare  - my favorite of all time 
Tom ford private blend Oud wood 
AMouage Reflection Man 
Maison Francis Kurkdjian aqua universalis forte 
Dior Bois D Argent 

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #357 of 436
I am using a summer and a winter (or name it warm and cold weather...) smell:

Summer:
Jil Sander - Sun Men: all the day

Winter:
Chanel Antaeus: the good times
cool.gif

Lagerfeld Photo: work days

all as Eau de Toilette, what is imho intense enough.

Jun 23, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #360 of 436
Bump, and lately I've developed an interest in old-school powerhouse scents. Aramis, the original Armani PH posted above, Azzaro, Givenchy Gentlemen...

But I've yet to make a single purchase, as I'm not willing to buy regular bottles at this point. 3.3 or 1.7 oz is really a lot of juice, even for someone like me whose skin murders the sillage and longevity of most non-powerhouse scents. Sure, sometimes there are deals to be had, just dump what you can't use down the toilet... I guess.

I second the praise for Tom Ford grey vetiver, even if it's down to skin scent on me in only an hour. My skin seems to kill the longevity on a lot of scents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back