Cologne-fi
Jul 2, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #393 of 436
Byredo Gypsy Water and Le Labo Another 13 are my favorites. Pricey, but one would be enough.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #394 of 436
Recent discovery:

400x400.jpg

Chanel - Allure Homme (original from 1999). However, the bottle and cap in the latest edition looks slightly different from the one above.

My kind of scent, office-friendly, but very sophisticated! And long lasting, medium projection, with only two sprays.

It reminds me a lot of Boss Bottled, which originally came out one year earlier. And I'm sure that Guerlain was heavily inspired by Allure Homme when they developed the highly revered L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. Same goes for YSL's L'Homme.

Somehow I get the feeling that this one does not get the attention it deserves (anymore) ever since its flanker Allure Homme Sport came out, and especially Bleu De Chanel. Wwhich I both enjoy as well, to be honest!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #398 of 436
Hello fellow Cologne-fiers, just thought I would share what I have used too in here. Started as a youngster with Puma Jamaica, soon went into Dior Fahrenheit (stayed with it for years), and then finally graduated to Creed Aventus (I like it more) and Green Irish Tweed (my wife likes this on me more).

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #400 of 436
Hello fellow Cologne-fiers, just thought I would share what I have used too in here. Started as a youngster with Puma Jamaica, soon went into Dior Fahrenheit (stayed with it for years), and then finally graduated to Creed Aventus (I like it more) and Green Irish Tweed (my wife likes this on me more).
As long as it's genuine Creed I don't believe they have a bad scent, my preferences are Imperial and Tabarome :beerchug:

Feb 18, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #402 of 436
I got sick of cologne smells. Especially in Europe. Everywhere reeks of cologne that they make me sick. I went El naturale with nice deodorant. I like the smell of deodorant. I like that it's not too strong like cologne. Cologne is so damn strong. It's pungent.

Best smells is in nature. The woods, the pines. Nice breathing there. And then when you go to a room full of cologne, it makes you puke.

My go to over the years after taking a shower is Brut. An old guy's cologne but so am I. If we're going somewhere I'll put on something a bit better.
Something about that smell (and Old Sprice) I can't stand. Smells like better cigarette smell or something. Smells like after somebody went for a cig.

We talk about everything here don't we? Hearing and smells. lol

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #403 of 436
I got sick of cologne smells. Especially in Europe. Everywhere reeks of cologne that they make me sick. I went El naturale with nice deodorant. I like the smell of deodorant. I like that it's not too strong like cologne. Cologne is so damn strong. It's pungent.

Best smells is in nature. The woods, the pines. Nice breathing there. And then when you go to a room full of cologne, it makes you puke.

Something about that smell (and Old Sprice) I can't stand. Smells like better cigarette smell or something. Smells like after somebody went for a cig.

We talk about everything here don't we? Hearing and smells. lol
Variety is the spice of life.

Feb 18, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #404 of 436
Variety is the spice of life.
Yes, but too much cologne variety in one setting, the smells makes you barf and long for fresh air.

In the US, I like the New England nature smells. Lots of greens. Spring time is very nice with low humidity. I would luv Ireland as well. The smells of the green!

I really don't like women's colognes either. I like the body shop kind of stuff smells.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #405 of 436
Thought this was about the place, that’s when I first heard the word shadow for what we call shade in Canada. Any rate carry on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back