College Students, Post Your Library Rig
Jun 23, 2014 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Leftbehind

100+ Head-Fier
I know it's a common thing for students to listen to music in library or in their dorm and I'm just wondering what your set-up is? 

I started with the M50's then switched to the Focal Spirit One (turned out to be the bad driver version) and then the Gr07BE. I have since decided I don't like IEM's and am looking for new ideas.

Always interested in what others are using.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 11
Fiio E07k as a DAC for my laptop along with my SE425s

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #3 of 11
My setup is usually either my rockbox'ed ipod classic or laptop as source -> leckerton uha6s mkII
In my dorm I'll use my HD600s and in the library I'll use my UM2s
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 11

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #6 of 11
Jun 27, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #8 of 11
This was a while back, but:

Yes, this is a public library, yes this is in the library's "quiet room," yes I actually brought that there, yes my music did leak a bit, no no one gave me weird looks or told me to turn my music down because 1) I was listening to my music at pretty low volume levels and 2) this was early enough in the morning that students hadn't populated the library yet.

MacBook Pro with Audirvana Plus software -> JDS Labs ODAC -> RCA-3.5 mm interconnect -> JDS Labs Objective 2 -> Audeze LCD-X

But my actual portable rig is:
iPod 5G -> FiiO L9 -> JDS Labs C5 or C5D -> V-MODA Crossfade M-100

My other portable setup is the same as the above but with a good 'ol Shure SE215-CL (olive foam tips). I prefer the M-100 rig since my ears get moist with the SE215 and can thus get a bit uncomfortable after some time.

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #9 of 11

Yes, this is a public library, yes this is in the library's "quiet room," yes I actually brought that there, yes my music did leak a bit, no no one gave me weird looks or told me to turn my music down because 1) I was listening to my music at pretty low volume levels and 2) this was early enough in the morning that students hadn't populated the library yet.

MacBook Pro with Audirvana Plus software -> JDS Labs ODAC -> RCA-3.5 mm interconnect -> JDS Labs Objective 2 -> Audeze LCD-X

My other portable setup is the same as the above but with a good 'ol Shure SE215-CL (olive foam tips). I prefer the M-100 rig since my ears get moist with the SE215 and can thus get a bit uncomfortable after some time.

You brought the O2, ODAC, and LCD-X with you to the library?!? That must have been a hassle
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 11

You brought the O2, ODAC, and LCD-X with you to the library?!? That must have been a hassle :tongue_smile:

Indeed I did. And yes it was a pain to lug around. However, I brought the LCD-X only because there was an Audio Club meeting later that day since it was a touring unit and people in the area haven't had the chance to listen to it yet.

It'll either be this stack or the hugo. Now if only there was a way to get this level of SQ in a single DAP. :xf_eek:

Light Harmonic's Geek Wave perhaps?
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-it-s-not-a-next-gen-ipod-it-s-a-no-compromise-portable-music-player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back