coffee gadgets...
Sep 3, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #16 of 668
Also have and love the Technivorm, pared with a Rancilio Rocky grinder. Makes an excellent cup. Weekday mornings are rushed but on weekend mornings, coffee service is more of a ritual. Good coffee; good music. Ahhhh!

Oh kewl; the Aeropress. I have three of them; one for home, one for the office, and one that goes to the fishing camp with a little water burner. It makes the smoothest (sometimes almost too smooth) cup.

I use the tea water tap from the office coffee machine. We recently picked up a 5 gal water bubbler with hot and cold taps for home water. It's wicked convenient to just grind into the little filtered chamber, fill from the tap, stir, and then press.

I still swoon over the Rancilio Silva when I visit the local bean house. Supposed to be a very nice entry level espresso maker. Have yet to graduate to that level.

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #17 of 668
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still swoon over the Rancilio Silva when I visit the local bean house. Supposed to be a very nice entry level espresso maker. Have yet to graduate to that level.

O so do I even though I don't drink coffee anymore, an even nicer machine to drool about, the Pasquini Livia
eggosmile.gif

Livia90.jpg

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #18 of 668
Oh man, the pressure gauge; the switches and levers. Thing of beauty!

It almost looks like it needs to be on spiked feet, no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O so do I even though I don't drink coffee anymore, an even nicer machine to drool about, the Pasquini Livia
eggosmile.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #19 of 668
Love my Technivorm. One thing to try--keep the drip valve closed until all of the grounds are soaked. Stir the grounds and make sure everything is uniformly soaked, then open the drip valve and see if you notice a difference.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #20 of 668
Quote:

Also enjoyable is Turkish coffee with cardamom, to brew it you'll need an Ibrik pot, and a grinder that grind really fine. Natasha's cafe sells a good Turkish blend.

Thanks for the links - I ordered a half-pound of Turkish coffee and a dented (discounted) Ibrik to give it a try.

A_Sr.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #21 of 668
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the links - I ordered a half-pound of Turkish coffee and a dented (discounted) Ibrik to give it a try.

A_Sr.

Cool hope you enjoy it
smily_headphones1.gif
, I first had some at a Turkish Restaurant, then I searched the web on how to make my own. Just be sure to read the directions on Natasha's site or this site is helpful too.

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #23 of 668
Quote:

Cool hope you enjoy it
smily_headphones1.gif
, I first had some at a Turkish Restaurant, then I searched the web on how to make my own. Just be sure to read the directions on Natasha's site or this site is helpful too.

Well, the ibrik and coffee arrived on Thursday, and I made my first attempt at it that night. It will require some practice to get everything just right, but the first cup surprised me. Not overly strong, very smooth, with a bright yet full bodied, mildly sweet flavor. I took the recommendations from Natasha's and several other sites and sipped slowly, enjoying the flavor. Well worth the money spent.

A_Sr.

Sep 8, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #25 of 668
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the ibrik and coffee arrived on Thursday, and I made my first attempt at it that night. It will require some practice to get everything just right, but the first cup surprised me. Not overly strong, very smooth, with a bright yet full bodied, mildly sweet flavor. I took the recommendations from Natasha's and several other sites and sipped slowly, enjoying the flavor. Well worth the money spent.

A_Sr.

I'm glade you liked it
smily_headphones1.gif
funny with all the technology and all the coffee gadgets out there, how one of the very first brewing methods can still make a dam good cup.

Sep 11, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #27 of 668
i picked up an aeropress the other day and have used it twice with pretty good results. it's not as clean as people have said (clean in terms of the mess it creates), although much cleaner than other french press alternatives.

sweetmarias.com has a detailed step-by-step on using this gadget...and it does make a clean cup. i'm using it at the office where it's a much better alternative to spending $2 on a cup of awful sbux.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #28 of 668
I wonder if maybe a special ac cord from Synergistic Research would help?
Maybe a Cardas AC cord will make a smoother cup?
MIT might make it muddy, and silver too harsh i would imagine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #30 of 668
Nothing high tech here...I pour boiling water through a small, hand-held fine mesh strainer. Seems to work okay. Maybe a minute or two to make a cup. Quick clean up. Maybe I'm missing out on something
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back