coffee gadgets...
Feb 8, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #346 of 668
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Serious amount of gear there bob !

I still can't believe I actually bought it. I was considering getting an Anreja Premium instead, but I decided to get with the dual boiler machine. I've never been as excited about a purchase before. I just heard it should be shipping some time this week, and it should be here about a week later.

I ordered some cleaning supplies, a steaming pitcher, and Bodum double wall shot glasses to complete the setup. I'm also trying to decide what to get from Sweet Marias for some espresso blending fun.

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #347 of 668
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still can't believe I actually bought it. I was considering getting an Anreja Premium instead, but I decided to get with the dual boiler machine. I've never been as excited about a purchase before. I just heard it should be shipping some time this week, and it should be here about a week later.

I ordered some cleaning supplies, a steaming pitcher, and Bodum double wall shot glasses to complete the setup. I'm also trying to decide what to get from Sweet Marias for some espresso blending fun.

We have been using the Bodum glasses both tall and shot for sometime and they are far and away the best. The heat retention is superb. My wife recently picked up a larger one in a tea set she bought and it has been great as well.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #348 of 668
Bob, very nice stuff. I have the same grinder. Dual boiler is way more convenient, no more waiting!
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #349 of 668
For those that dont have the needed funds for something theyre not sure they would like in the first place, Walmart has a French Press that works great and its only $14.99usd.
The also have stainless steel coffee scoops in one and 2 teaspoon sizes.
smily_headphones1.gif

I dont see it on their website, but ive seen them in any LongIsland NewYork stores ive been in.

Also, Target stores....
http://www.target.com/Bodum-Chambord...-french&page=1

Bodum Chambord 3-Cup Coffee Press
$29.99usd

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #350 of 668
Quote:

please do let us know how you like it after it arrives and you've played around with it. i've been reading about it and it looks amazing! i'd have to sell some audio gear to get one, but i'm very tempted!

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #351 of 668
Good old french press does the job for me! Starbucks also has a pretty awesome french press mug, which is really great in the morning.

Feb 19, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #352 of 668
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please do let us know how you like it after it arrives and you've played around with it. i've been reading about it and it looks amazing! i'd have to sell some audio gear to get one, but i'm very tempted!

Apparently it took longer than expected to get in a new order of Duettos, but I just got word it will be shipped this afternoon!

It's been a bit frustrating waiting, since shipments of espresso-related bits and pieces keep arriving. I now have a big collection of boxes filled with shot asses, a steaming pitcher, cleaning supplies, etc. My order of coffee for espresso blending just arrived from Sweet Marias, too.

I was so desperate I got out my Bialetti Brikka and spent a while dialing in the correct grind and dosing on the Baratza Virtuoso I have at the moment. Did you know you can foam milk in a French press?
redface.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #353 of 668
For me, the Black Cat from Intelligencia is the absolute best coffee ever. Makes great shots with wonderful crema everytime.

Feb 20, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #354 of 668
Getting a barely used Senseo soon for $20 soon. Looking forward to a quick cup.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #357 of 668
Quote:

I now have a big collection of boxes filled with shot asses,
redface.gif

what DO you do with your coffee????
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #359 of 668
Well, after looking forward to the arrival of my machine since originally ordering it at the end of January, it was finally delivered on the new scheduled delivery date. Here's a photo of the Duetto and Macap boxes with my dog as a comparison. She's an ~80 lb. German Shepherd. The Duetto box weighs more than her!

IMG_3061.JPG

The Duetto came nicely packaged in a double box, with a bunch of form fitting inserts inside the internal box. Here's what it looks like in the box:

IMG_3073.JPG

I eagerly unpackaged it, hauled it onto the counter, spent ages taking off all the protective tape, filled the reservoir, got all the accessories ready, grabbed the batches of espresso blends I roasted in anticipation of the delivery, and...

312115_lg.jpg

What's this?
confused.gif
Why is there a 20 amp plug? But I specifically ordered the version that comes modified for 15 amp circuits. Oh god, they didn't ship me the wrong one, did they? DID THEY? I don't even have a 20 amp circuit in the kitchen, let alone the different physical socket required to plug in the machine. Maybe it just has the wrong plug and I can jury rig it. No, this is a stock machine. This can't be happening.

angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

Long story short, yes, they did in fact ship me the wrong version of an 80 lb. espresso machine. I called them right away, and it took them a week to ship out a new one, including a nice delay because they randomly decided I had to ship back the old one before they'd ship the new one (after telling me they'd arrange for a pick-up on delivery for six days). They finally sent it on Wednesday, just in time for it to not arrive this weekend, so the new ETA is Monday.

I don't have any more photos after the box shot because I was too demoralized after setting the damn thing up and being foiled right as I went to plug it in.

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #360 of 668
I drink A LOT of coffee. I use a Bodum french press and a standard blade grinder. Although, I will use an old Mr. Coffee machine if I am in a hurry.

I have been thinking about getting some of the Bodum insulated glass mugs. Anyone used them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back