Clou Cables: What do they do?
Aug 12, 2001 at 10:30 AM Post #47 of 69
Do they work with the hd 565 Ovations as well? They do have the detachable cords.

Aug 12, 2001 at 2:55 PM Post #48 of 69
Quote:

davidcotton said...

Do they work with the hd 565 Ovations as well? They do have the detachable cords.

Hmm, good question. Give Todd at Headroom a call, he should be able to tell you.

Aug 12, 2001 at 9:49 PM Post #49 of 69
They should work on the 565s since the connectors are identical. Look at the Sennheiser site. They list the stock cable as a spare part and if I remember correctly HD545/565 are listed together with the 600s as models to which this cable can be used, which means that they use same cables.

Aug 30, 2001 at 12:53 PM Post #50 of 69
reading all these talk about the clou cables, i just ordered the red. you guys are such bad influences..
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2001 at 2:50 PM Post #53 of 69
**** tell me about it!! After KurtW's post yesterday I might have to drop $700 on a MicroZOTL now!! Christ Almighty!!

Anyhow, you'll like the Clous. I have the red too. Good choice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2001 at 7:42 PM Post #56 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by sackley
I know what you mean. After reading about the MicroZOTL, I am now torn between the Headmaster and the ZOTL.

I'll be holding off on anything else until a cheaper SET headphone amp becomes available. Perhaps something from bottlehead. Until then, I'll be enjoying the MG Head and concentrating on upgrading its internals in my spare time. With the right tubes, it is a very enjoyable amp indeed.

Brian.

Aug 30, 2001 at 7:54 PM Post #57 of 69
*hands covering ears*

hm... actually... this is better:

*HD580 covering ears*

don't start putting new ideas into my head. i am not listening! i am not listening!!

Quote:

Originally posted by sackley
I know what you mean. After reading about the MicroZOTL, I am now torn between the Headmaster and the ZOTL.

Sep 28, 2001 at 3:41 AM Post #59 of 69
Two notes about replacement:

1) They don't fit _every_ single Sennheiser headphone that has the connector. My HD250-II's have the same connector, but because of that little stop block on the Clou Jaspis cable, they never got a solid connection, they never got past the ridge on the prong, so didn't hold, and was prone to intermittent outages and falling out. It would be nice if everyone with every type of Sennheiser headphone and a Clou Jaspis cable were to try it and report back, say in this thread. So far, we have, definitively: HD600 - yes, HD580 - yes, HD250-II - no.

2) The two prongs are not the same size, so make sure you are sticking the bigger one in the bigger hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back