Clou Cables: What do they do?
Jul 27, 2001 at 2:54 PM Post #31 of 69
Grados will leak much more sound than your 600s. Better start looking at those Beyers.

Jul 27, 2001 at 3:23 PM Post #32 of 69
Wow, I didn't think that was possible, hmmm, thanks for the insight, I think I'm just going to find a Grado dealership to audition them anyway. I love my Senns, but unfortunately, they don't serve the purpose I originally intended them for....

oh well, I guess I just need to buy another pair of headphones
biggrin.gif
. I knew this hobby gets expensive quick, but I didn't know it would be this quickly
smily_headphones1.gif
, I still don't even have an amp and I'm looking to drop another $150 on a pair of new cans. I love this place, you guys are all a horrible influence on my wallet, not to mention that my girlfriend thinks I'm a big dork for talking to all of you.

Jul 27, 2001 at 3:38 PM Post #33 of 69
grrr, you must be reading my mind. I never thought that I would get into this this quickly. I bought my SR-225's only back in April and all ready I am forking out another $500 dollars for an HD 600, clou cables, and an MGHead. Dammit, you guys really are a negative influence on my wallet.
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2001 at 5:41 PM Post #34 of 69
Having read a "bit" about Clou Cables I am curious! is there anywhere I can get them in europe? I have no probs buying on line so long as a) they are a well known shop/dealer etc and b) have a secure site for Credit card deals.

Also what sort of price are they??

Cheers

Jul 27, 2001 at 8:37 PM Post #35 of 69
Dunno about in Europe, but Headroom sells them for $90 (blue) and $120 (red).

Jul 29, 2001 at 9:12 PM Post #38 of 69
I'm surprised about the Clou hype. Generally, silver plated copper conductors are considered undesirable due to a diode effect that is created. However, having not heard them, that's my only comment. FWIW.

Brian.

Jul 29, 2001 at 9:55 PM Post #39 of 69
Quote:

briantf27 said...

I'm surprised about the Clou hype. Generally, silver plated copper conductors are considered undesirable due to a diode effect that is created. However, having not heard them, that's my only comment. FWIW.

Well, I have heard no undesirable effects from the Clou cable. And compared to the stock cable, it is much more transparent and resolving. So I could care less what it's made out of, so long as it does it's job. Which it seems to do.
cool.gif

Jul 29, 2001 at 10:51 PM Post #40 of 69
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin

compared to the stock cable, it is much more transparent and resolving job.

Absolutely. Reason enough for me to give em a shot. Why aren't they listed on the Headroom cables page?
confused.gif

Jul 29, 2001 at 11:58 PM Post #41 of 69
Quote:

briantf27 said...

Absolutely. Reason enough for me to give em a shot. Why aren't they listed on the Headroom cables page?

Probably because Headroom is really busy remodeling... well... everything, and that fact just got lost in the shuffle. They are listed on Headroom's yahoo store, at least.

Jul 30, 2001 at 11:31 PM Post #44 of 69
davidcotton - I emailed to ask the price for these cables in the UK... they haven't got a distributor as yet, but would be prepared to sell them direct for £76 and £96 incl. delivery.
If you're interested, email lars.andersson@cloucable.se
HTH
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back