Clothing: Carhartt's or Dickies
Aug 31, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no Cabela's in WA state..yet. It looks like one is being built in Lacey, WA...but that's way to far for me to drive for just Carhartt clothing.

The only Cabela's I know of is in Nebraska, and that is a long way to go for pants. My post implied that you should use their on-line services.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #32 of 41
I some stuff from local a store, and more stuff from GI Joe's...but I can't wait to visit Cabela's once it's open!

Sep 9, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #33 of 41
In the UK, the Carharrt stuff we get is terrible compared to the stuff you can get in the US.

Over here, it's just a fashion/skate brand, where as the stuff my friend brought back from the States for me many years ago is built like a tank and is still going strong with NO signs of wear. We're talking probably 10 years old clothes here!

I've got a black sweat shirt (thick) with ribbed material down the sides and cuffs and also a huge light brown winter work-wear coat with a massive hood with fake fur round the edge. So many pockets and SO warm. It's my default Winter coat for times when I don't need to look too smart.

So, if it's the proper Carharrt stuff, then I'll vote for it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #37 of 41
Depends on intended use. In my experience Carhartt are more durable but Dickies are more user friendly(softer).

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #38 of 41
I am slowly going to a all Carhartt wardrobe. So far I got:

3 Pocket T's
2 Loose Fit Work Pants
1 Work Shorts
1 Short Sleeve Button Up
1 Long Sleve Button Up
1 Cap

I'll be getting a Jacket soon enuff...it's starting to get cold here in Skagit County. I think I'll get a Sandstone Dearborn Jacket/Sherpa Lined, or a Duck Santa Fe Jacket/Quilted-Flannel Lined.

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:36 AM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates3000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both seem kind of silly to me. For the amount they cost, they mise-well not be called work clothes at all-- more like a fashion statemwnt.

Not for everyone. I voted for and wear Dickies when tearing through the apartments. Lots of light/medium construction, painting, hauling stuff, and so on.

Dickies hold up pretty well. That, and they sell them at one of our suppliers. We have a commercial line of credit there, so we put the work clothes on that and write them off as a business expense.

That being said, I just checked out the Carhartt site and a couple of retailers. Looks like nice stuff. I'll probably grab a couple of their shirts to check them out.

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:16 AM Post #41 of 41
I love Carhartt's Pocket T-Shirts, very roomie & comforable...same with their Dungree Pants

Users who are viewing this thread

Back